translate

Monday 11 December 2017

SOMETHING OF INTEREST BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I hope you are all well.

Our lovely dog lady came yesterday, sounds bad, I mean dog walking lady.             She hasn’t been out of the house for three weeks. I really didn’t want her coming out to walk our dogs, but caring for dogs, is her life. I just was so worried and felt guilty if she has a heart attack when she is with them Obviously I am really worried about our dogs but also the fact she may have fallen ill with them. Also, I just feel so sorry for her. She is so selfless and hasn’t had a good life. Her Son lives in New Zealand she is going there on Wednesday. Oh, my goodness. All the way there. Her first flight is seven hours and second, seventeen. Oh, wow, after such a scare with her heart? I would be worried sick about my old Mum and though I would want to see her, I just feel it’s possibly too far for her. Once she is there though, she will have three weeks of relaxation. Bless her. I just hope she is going to be OK.

 

I gave her a small gift from our dogs for Christmas. Some really nice hand cream. A box of three bottles of it. Kind of hand bag size thinking it would be small enough to take with her. Also, some biscuits to eat over the next few days. The biscuits weren’t wrapped though.

 

Well in England we have had some awful weather bad snow but we have missed it, we have had dust, I used to tell my Son if we got some snow before Christmas, Rudolf must have created it as he flew past our house looking where the children are living. It must have fell off his sleigh.

 

Guess what? We have a blooming leak again. Coming through our ceiling, just like last year at the same time. I can’t believe this house. I really can’t. This time it’s even closer to the piano than last year. We are seriously thinking about moving house. And, into a brand-new house.

 

My Son has just come home from work he has had such a long day. He works long hours, but tomorrow he has for the first time in forever and a day, a short shift. Only five hours.

 

He just told me he has arranged a secret Santa with the staff at work. He’s really getting into the spirit of Christmas bless him. Secret Santa is where you put the names of your colleagues in a dish and each person has to pick a name out and that person is who they are to buy a gift for!

 

At his place of work, they are raising money for men’s cancer and for that they have to grow a beard. Oh my, it’s killing our Son as he hasn’t had a shave for two weeks now and has to last until Christmas day. Well, my Son is very clean and a beard isn’t him at all. Also, he can’t grow a proper one as he is so blonde so it just looks so wrong. It’s OK at work as people know why he’s doing it but outside of work, he’s worrying people will think of him as some kind of unkept person…  Haha. But they are raising quite a lot of money!

 

My friend came today and we exchanged Christmas gifts. I can’t believe where the hours went. She came just after one in the afternoon, oddly, not during the night haha. And she left about half five. I seriously thought it was about three in the afternoon. Poor soul was in the dark. She said, it’s OK, the Christmas lights are on…. Good blooming job, isn’t it? If not for the small Christmas lights, she would have been sat in the pitch black. Mind you, silly sausage should have just told me it’s dark… We had a good catch up and as ever the conversation flowed!

 

I made my Sons dinner. He came home from work. Said sorry he hadn’t had a break at work, he knows I would have made his dinner but didn’t get chance to tell me, but he’s out with his friend for a meal. Well stuff my dinner, I didn’t care. He was going out with a friend. Excellent. Result. I was so happy he was going out with a pal as he just doesn’t do that anymore. Sham must be working. I guess he will be going to Shams afterwards. I hope he will have a lovely time with his friend. His pal is a good guy, so a good influence and he is intelligent too.

 

Must tell you this. Our groceries are due in an hour from our shop called Morrisons. So, the substitution was Morrisons Hash browns I ordered that are not in stock, so I got, or, they are sending instead, wait for it, Morrisons onion rings.

Well, what about other brands of hash browns? There are plenty. And the item they don’t have in stock so they haven’t even sent a substitution, is, again hang in there…. Toilet rolls.

Well come on Morrisons. You only have one brand of toilet rolls in your whole shop? I don’t think so. So, something so important as loo rolls aren’t even substituted. Crazy and the hash browns were 250g and the replacements onion rings. 125g. Half the size. So, they are going back.

 

I called to enquire how can they think a potato item is similar to an onion item which is half the size, but moreover, if the toilet rolls I wanted weren’t in stock, why couldn’t they put in my shopping order another kind of loo rolls? The answer was. “It’s a computer which decides not humans. So sorry, but if there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to call us….””

Em

Why? What had they done to resolve my issue? Or, tissue???

 

Anyway, the good thing is, we can go to the local shop and get some but, what if we lived in the middle of nowhere and we would be without loo rolls for another week? Because you have to spend £40 to get a home delivery and it’s rare that you can get an order for the next day, on average I would say it’s more like two days later.

 

I bet you are glad you have checked into my blog today, to get all the gossip on toilet rolls. Haha. Let me make it up to you by telling you something you may be interested in…

 

Donald Trump wants to send US Astronauts to the moon. He says back to the moon, but my question is, do you believe they ever went to the moon? Me, em, nope I don’t believe for a second they went there.

 

Talking of Donald Trump, they say he drinks 12 cans of coke per day. And so, what? He’s old, it’s up to him what he drinks it’s not alcohol. If he can’t do what he wants at his age who cares. Leave him alone for goodness sake. Honestly, a bad news day or what? Can’t think of a really bad story about him, so hey, let’s tell everyone about how much coke he drinks. And so am I telling you now so I’m doing the same, well what I’m getting across or trying to is, there are people dying people who can’t afford health care. People grieving people waking up blind. People who have just been told their unborn baby will be still born and people crying right now because they are so lonely. And we are reading about DT’s coke addiction??? As in fizzy stuff. Seriously, let’s get real!

 

Max Born the Nobel Prize Winning Physicist’s advice on what causes all evil. Though I feel I needed an ology to read his words, basically he was trying to say there is no such thing as absolute. No one will ever know everything.  To use an example extremists murder those who don’t believe in absolutely what they believe in, hence pure evil.  

I’m sure you scientists out there will have a different interpretation, but hey, that’s my view on the subject.

 

A man spotted himself in the background of his Fiancé’s family childhood photographs. Wow. Spooky.

 

The best aps for your iPhone and Google play of the year are

Socratic

Which helps you to do your homework.

You take a photograph of your work send it to the ap and it helps you through. Hmm. Worrying. Will we end up with marshmallow brains? Totally depending on artificial intelligence

 

Face ap, a photography ap. 5 Gold Rings UK a quiz.

Don’t ask me ask Britain another quiz ap and Mercari buy and sell a shopping ap. Yawn, boring or what? Is that the best of the year?

 

Well finally in my Diary, it’s getting closer to the big day. My Son asked me and his Dad a few weeks ago, if we would keep the 16th free. We said yes. Why. He answered I have something to do and it’s as far away from what you can imagine. Oh, my, what is it? Well it was killing me what if I don’t like what he has planned? What do we wear? I approached the subject last night and his answer was interesting. More on that in a few days when I learn what we will be doing, or may not be doing.

xx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

No comments: