translate

Saturday 16 December 2017

TODAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Well last night at the pub quiz, I can tell you Hub and I didn’t let our team down. We were the same as we are every week. So, no shocks for our friends. Between team four of us, we have 5 degrees and I’m not talking about temperature though if not for the roaring fire, it could have got a little chilli as really it can be tense and that makes me laugh. I can’t take it seriously. One of the easy questions as they always have to ask one or two easy ones, just to allow people to get at least one correct, was so easy, we got it wrong.

 

Q. President Trump could pardon one turkey this Christmas so one bird was saved by him. Our question was. What was the name of the turkey? Well of course I thought it had to be Hillary.

Well. It wasn’t… It was something like drumstick.

 

The fire was so warm huge flames shot up the chimney. We went in all wrapped up and by ten minutes into the evening, we looked as if we were going to the Caribbean. Apart from removing outer clothing, we were tanned by the open fire…

 

Today it was Hubs Christmas jumper day at work. He went with a flashing Christmas tree. He had glasses with Rudolf’s antlers and red nose. Many pictures were taken as well as videos. Hub said they had delicious food all homemade… That’s it for him for work until next year. A long holiday.

 

A lovely friend of Hubs brought around his Christmas gift and we exchanged presents and cards and our Son went shopping with Hub. Hub came back with some very lovely boots.

 

It’s Bw’s first day of feeling normal after the dreaded sickness he’s had. He’s around at Shamrocks tonight I just hope he won’t catch anything else. I don’t want to be ill for Christmas. I have been so sad seeing him in a bad way I have never seen him so ill with sickness now it’s been three full days of being ill but two of them where he was sick. Today he has been ok just very weak.

 

It’s really cold outside wet too. I’m about to have a cup of tea Tomorrow we will do last minute shopping on line and I shall make sure our grocery shopping that is coming in a few days is up to date. Lots of emails to write over the weekend and I shall start to put together some of your favourite blogs of 2017. There is time to get a few more in email me please or contact me via Google plus though I’m not a genius at that my friend and Blogget Mary Ellen left me messages and I have still got to find them.

 

My email is


 

Our Blog page has another follower yesterday, I don’t know how difficult or easy it is to follow me on my blog page, but if you do, you will receive more blogs than you will if you are in one of my groups on Face book.

 

There is a very sad story in our media. A few days ago, when we had snow, two small children one being only three, were playing in the snow. A day later their house was torched set fire to and four children were killed and the Mother of the children is critically ill in a coma. Imagine if, she wakes up? Oh my, to be told such news and she will have to be told immediately, because the names of the children are all over the news here. Wow, for her sake I wonder if it’s best she slips away but not for her Father who was on our news tonight very upset in fact devastated. Her sister was broken that was her words. The children age from 3 to fourteen. The mother is 35. Three people have been arrested for the murders. And in our news yesterday in France children were killed as a train crashed into a school bus. Oh, no, why at this time of year, if it had to happen at all, why this time of year? I really hurt when I read such stories.

 

Hub has some last-minute wrapping to do he has bought me a couple of last minute gifts and we have again ran out of wrapping paper. 12 rolls now we have used and three bags. As those of you who are blind may know if you don’t have any one to shop with you, we spend so much more during the year than what those who are sighted do. For example, we can’t go to any shop and just see the bargains or shop by looking at reduced items. I know of loads of people who buy things like wrapping paper when they are on offer. They save a fortune. I’m known for recycling it gets on my Husbands nerves haha. When my Sister in law handed me her gift to me a couple of weeks ago, I replied to her. “Oh, thank you. I shall recycle that.””

Well I was taken back on her reaction. She answered. “What?” in a shocked and abrupt tone. I pointed to the ribbon on the parcel and repeated. Only afterwards did I think to myself as I was puzzled by her reaction. Oh my, she thinks I was going to recycle her gift? Hehehhahah. Oh, bless, no, gosh, I must clarify I meant her ribbon… Not her gift.

 

Sham pressed a button on our washing machine the other night and our washing is on for four hours. I must try to rectify that. Two loads of washing eight hours… Oops.

 

OK, off to attempt to write some Christmas cards until later x

  

No comments: