translate

Friday 29 December 2017

CLOSING THE CHRISTMAS CURTAINS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good evening Bloggets. Half of a box of Maltesers and I’m sort of OK.  Hearing about some of the New Years honours there are actually a lot of people who are receiving honours deserving of them. People who have done great things. I just don’t like people getting the honours of Knighthood who earn millions of pounds and seem to do nothing for people that is out of their comfortable box. But off my high horse, getting to what I have watched on TV tonight. Oh, my. Little Women. My blooming heartstrings have been pulled. An early emotional start to my day has ended the same way. It was so sad. Pains in my throat like the ones I used to get when I had to go away as a child, whether it be school or horrid hospitals. This Christmas has seen so many sad programs. Whatever happened to joyful shows and films?

 

One thing I did watch was Mrs Browns boys. Now, that is funny. Have you ever seen it? It’s totally funny. She is a cross between my ex Mother in law and another lady I know of… She, is a man who dresses as a woman who has loads of kids. She’s Irish. She has the best humour and is kind of working class with capital W and C… Toilet humour with a difference. It’s not just horrible swear words without a meaning, or reason, she has a story line in her shows that tells a tale and her humour is so good. But apart from that, there has been nothing on this year that is light… I need light…

 

My Nephew today came and told me that my penguin in my garden looked as if he had been naughty. Hahaha. The wind had made him face the house so the back of his head was facing the front of the street.

 

Not long before decorations are all down for another year… this time next year, where will we all be?

 

Only a couple of days to go before New Years Eve. Gosh, we have been invited to our neighbour’s house. I’m such a bore, and drinking huge amounts of alcohol isn’t my thing… and it’s theirs. But he is cooking for me a vegetarian dish bless him. So, I shall see the new year in with that and be on tea the rest of the night, stuffy me, perhaps, but I don’t need liquid to make me laugh. Hahaha. When I do have that nasty stuff, there are plenty of laughs, only their laughing at me… I only like drinking things that don’t taste of alcohol. I can go easily a year without drinking it. But it’s rare to do that, resulting in if I do have some alcohol, I get very drunk very fast. The other night my Hub poured me a drink as we were going somewhere I needed to be brave for. Haha. And it was a tiny amount of Malibu with a lot of pineapple, oh, my, I was so drunk… My Love asked me if I wanted to go to lay down and cancel our outing…. Heck no…. I was so ready to go! Not sure my Husband was ready for a drunken Fifi. I’m harmless. I just laugh and sing… well, reading that, perhaps I am harmful.

 

Shamrock is sick again. Not sure how many times this year she has been ill, but off work again. I just pray that she won’t pass it on. I’m sick of the germs that she carries and I bet she is too. Her job is just full of them people who work like she does should have to go through a shower of some kind of spray before entering the hospital and as she leaves.

 

Hub is playing with his Christmas tech. he loves it bless him. I have been playing my melodica I really am enjoying it.

 

I read the news today and was so sad to read a 21-year-old girl left her house in a vest top and shorts and was last seen walking in the sea. Oh, gosh, seriously my heart burst for her parents. Why oh why do people have to go through such pain in life.

New studies have shown that children who don’t play outside are risking their eyesight. as they are looking at screens all the time. Again, I would have thought that was obvious. I didn’t let my Son play on a computer until he was about eleven. He wasn’t impressed as all of his pals had various games. But he is a fit lad now. Healthy until he catches whatever little Shamrock kindly passes on. Smile.

 

Well Bloggets, only 60 views to go before we have reached exactly 260,000

 I simply can’t believe that.

 

I guess tomorrow I should do some housework… It’s been a while… Well I’m on my holidays, right… I have all year to clean.

 

Then to decide what to do for New Year’s Day with regards food. I never cook on that day, it’s the only day I don’t. so, the day before, in this case, Sunday, I shall be cooking food for the following day. I know I have loads of cheese coming in my grocery shopping… a dairy fix.

 

Did I tell you Hub bought me a pie maker for Christmas? Only thing is now, what to fill it with. Remember I don’t eat meat.

 Answers on a post card. Haha.

 

Here are some quick facts I have been reading today

We always leave stockings out for Santa. I wondered where this custom came from. Apparently, it’s Dutch and people used to leave shoes filled with food out for St Nicholas’s donkeys

In the 12th century in France, the Nuns used to fill socks with tangerines and nuts for the poor. Hence  why I always put some kind of orange in our stockings, just in case Santa forgets, or, runs out of oranges… Remember my mini Bloggets, eat your oranges, their so good for you. They will make you strong and have  wonderful skin and your eyesight will be much better if your eyes are already healthy.

The first commercial cards were commissioned in London in 1843 and one of those cards sold for over £8000 in 2014.

The Christmas cracker was invented in London in 1847 by a shop owner.

Gosh I have been reading so much about Christmas today, haha, all this to come for next year Bloggets, next Christmas you can tune in to my blogs of daily duties and insights into my life with some ridiculous facts jokes and recipes thrown in for good measure.

 

It’s been a blessed Christmas so much going on that I wish I could share, but all in good time.

One thing for sure, by next Christmas I think a lot of things in my life will have changed.

   Stay tuned. But for now, Christmas is over for another year.

 

 

 

 

   

No comments: