translate

Friday 1 June 2018

DIARY OF JUST BECAUSE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Typical my friend asked me out tonight the same night as I go to the quiz. Just like the buss’s two come along at the same time. I may have been back in time for the quiz, but I just didn’t know. It was something totally different too, the time with my friend would have been spent drinking fizz, eating nibbles and trying out makeup in M&S.

You never know, seeing my makeup skills, they may have asked me to work as their Saturday girl?

What do you mean you do know…?

They might have?

 

Well it’s not every day when you open your email to someone suggesting. “Let’s talk pants?”

Thank goodness it was a shop I buy my clothes from…

 

I will tell you something else now this is a corker.

As you know my husband is totally blind. He has never been able to see.

Today he went to work by taxi. Normally to go there it would take about an hour and ten minutes unless the traffic is bad then an hour and a half.

That’s fine, but when he has to direct the taxi driver how to get there?

Seriously, I called him as I thought he forgot something… like his blooming guide dog?

He said sorry love can’t talk right now, I have to keep my attention on where we are going.

Me, what do you mean, you know you are going to the office? He replied.

 Yeah, but the driver doesn’t know how to get there so I’m giving him directions.

O

K

It’s happened before. How do the taxi drivers not know how to get from A to B? OK, A to L.

My Son can get anywhere with his iPhone. Do they not have Satellite navigation?

Hub used his iPhone. I just hope he gets back in time as the driver may get lost picking him up.

 

Re our dog, well Hubs guide dog, Hub said he needed a break today as he has been on trains all week. He said and I quote. “He wasn’t looking up for it, he seemed tired.””

Me,

Really? Try telling me that at half seven when I had a blonde boy gathering every single toy as if they were his sheep! He wasn’t looking tired from where I was standing having my morning cupper to try to wake me up.

 

The top ten countries visiting our blog page today are, United States, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, Spain, India, Norway, Peru and Turkey. And this morning we had readers from Denmark, Greece, Macedonia, Russia and Malaysia.

If your country never features in my blogs, please email me and let me know where you are from?


 

back to emails, thank you all for your lovely messages again. You say I make a difference to your world. No, you help to make a difference to my world as we all join in and move in some way. If we didn’t, the world would stop and we would all fall off. Smile.

 

It’s been lovely I have been able to talk with my friend who has gone abroad on holiday.  I love her, we have a real connection. It’s really odd when she is at home I’m OK, but when she is away whether it’s our capital or like now abroad, I miss her and need to know she is OK. And we do have a laugh. I’m seeing her soon and I’m looking forward to that.

 

My friends live all over the place I wished we lived all together as being blind it’s not like we can jump in the car and drive to see each other. One of my friends isn’t too well and I so wish I could just go and spend time with them, even an hour to break their day for them or cook some food for the family to make life easier. But it would involve four taxis’ two trains and a load of stress as I am not the most confident person travelling alone. I have done it only twice by train over the past seven years. Other times I have been with my Husband. He does it all the time, he amazes me but he says he’s just got to do it as it’s been a way of life since he was a young boy. He used to travel by train as a child from boarding school to home for holidays. He was with some kind of adult from social services. He says he absolutely hated those days. I was so lucky in some way, my parents used to drive to pick me up. Hubs past has contributed to his independence, and I thought when I met him, he’s strong because of it, but no, he still dislikes travelling.  He gets very anxious. He even feels sick the night before he has to do a journey on his own. I guess it shows you see a person who is blind walking down the street is strong, standing up in conferences, chairing important meetings   and so on, and just because they are doing that, doesn’t mean they have had it easy. And he does all this thanks to his guide dog. The one he left behind today, you know, the tired one??? Having said that, we are out this weekend so our dogs will get lots of work and Hub did have a busy start to his week and next week it’s miles worse for them both. The Little Fella will have to wear his best suit and tie. Smile.

 

Just before I go

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light

 Aristotle Onassis
“What at the time seems painful and impossible, turns out to be a blessing in disguise.””
 Fiona Cummings

  

 

No comments: