translate

Thursday 21 June 2018

ONE DAY WE WILL ALL KNOW WHY #PoetryByFionaCummings


ONE DAY WE WILL ALL KNOW WHY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

As I lay my head upon my pillow

I heard whispers words so kind and mellow

 My dreams sunk deep, into my sheet

Whilst lavender cloaked my being

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing

My hand to my eyes

Such a surprise

The most beautiful yolky sun

Kissed the rainbow above

God sat on a harp

Surrounded by a crowd

Who danced on a marshmallow cloud

Wings did flutter

With beautiful hair, the colour of butter

 Smiles which could be seen for miles

God turned to me and it was then I saw

An image I have never seen before

I floated towards him and sat by his side

He held raindrops in tears I have cried

Waterfalls fell in silver droplets

I felt such relief

Wiped from me was the feeling of grief

It was as if I just knew all was going to be alright

Angels sang dressed all in white

But such a colour I have never seen so bright

Though no need to close my eyes for the light

As there was no pain now

Fingers to my brow

 I struggled to take everything in

Was this happening to me if so how?

How did I know that was God?

He wasn’t as I imagined him to be

It was as if my veins were wires

And I was being lit up to inspire

Though it was this moment I had to admire

And learn from what was before me

An angel knelt on one knee

He said go back through tunnels so black

And storms wild

You have the knowledge now to inform others

We are all sisters and brothers

We all have the same Father and Mother

We need to believe in a better world

Sometimes a speck so grey,

 can mean a globe coloured gold

a tiny stone can turn

it’s then we learn how the rocks were formed

when forests burn

inside we churn

but from that we learn

an angry voice

may have no choice

a factory smoking

can mean people choking

but from this we must learn

an infant’s death

a parent’s loss

is a lesson

don’t fight it with aggression

as time will come when we all must learn

one day we will be back together

in a land that will last forever

some ask if there’s a God

why does he make life hard?

what is the point of grief?

Like a thief

Stolen promises

Thorns on roses

It’s something we just have to learn

I wanted to ask but why?

Then it was as if I fell from the sky

One day we will all know why

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: