translate

Tuesday 5 June 2018

LAST NIGHT LOCK UP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I was just reading that in England, you can donate your eyes up to the age of 90.

90? Why does it stop there? It made me laugh, I’m still smiling now.  of course, there will be a perfectly good reason for this, and normally that would be my time to research and perhaps I will another day. But today I’m having to do so much writing I don’t have the time. I just find it interesting why 90 when really by that age your eyes are normally poor anyway. Mind you, right now, I wouldn’t mind the vision of a normal sighted 90-year-old.

 

My Son now is getting something done to his car I don’t like the thought of. I have shown no interest in it as I feel it’s a total waist of money but boys toys and so on. It’s something to do with making it go faster. Well he will disagree, but that is my version of it and I’m sticking to it. He has had to do two hours driving for it to be done.

 

So, last night. Boy Wonder and Shamrock decided to take Waggatail for a walk. Great, she loves that. Waggs that is, not so much Sham as walking isn’t her preference. I felt more at ease as Sham was driving and right now, BW is reverting to his teen days and driving too fast. Shamrock I hope, is safer, well she is with us in the car, not sure what she will be like when she is with the youthful one called our Son…

 

One-hour nice walk. Waggatail would have had a ball. Literally. Got back to the carpark. Gates locked. So, they had to walk all the way back home. The car park luckily opened at six this morning. So, Shamrock had to walk there to get it and then drive to work. She didn’t complain though bless her.  So Waggatail got a longer walk than first thought. And on the way back, they called in to a pub. And Waggatail was even given a drink. Of water of course. I can imagine she would have been panting like a steam train.

 

They got home really late. Waggs slept like a log. More than I can say for my boy. As for Hub. Oops… I decided to check our bank out. During the night. At 2am. As you do. On line of course, I didn’t just walk to our town. And there were some suspicious charges on there. Well I couldn’t sleep. What made it worse was it was all on the same day and all used by contactless pay. And it was for odd amounts like £35 £4.50 and £15

Hub got it right away, among his sleepy voice I detected words like. “The food market”” among some other choice words….

Oh, yes, I remember. It was rather odd when we went to the market last weekend, they had machines at some of the stalls. How modern in such a quaint environment.

Once Hub is awake, he finds it hard to get back to sleep. I hope he did…

Get back that is, not find it hard.

 

Before he went to bed, he called me to ask me to listen to what was going on just outside of his bedroom door. At first, I wasn’t sure I wanted to listen. Then I heard. Oh, my.

There were salsa dancing classes.

It was so loud.

I suggested he joined in, but he didn’t find that funny!

 

Whilst writing this, I had to stop to answer my door. My neighbour just brought us a cheese cake. Bless her. And the weather is so beautiful out there. This morning I asked Alexa would it rain today? She replied it won’t rain today. I then asked what the weather would be like? As in temperature etc. she replied.

“It will rain today.””

Ok.

Confused?

I was. And it didn’t and its red hot. Though she continued to tell me that the temperature would be max 17°, but it feels more like 20.

 

OK, best dash for now. Take care won’t you?

 

 

 

No comments: