translate

Sunday 17 June 2018

#FATHERSDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dear Bloggets. Today is Father’s Day. For all you Dad’s out there, a very happy one. Hub has had a lovely day so far. Our boy made his day with an amazing gift. More on that at a later date. All I can say is wow.

 

We have just got in and now time to write then once again like the wheel, make dinner. It keeps coming around.

 

I went on our exercise bike earlier too. I feel so much better afterwards. And our friends came this morning for a short while.  The weather is lovely out there. I just don’t like the idea that the summer is running away chasing Autumn. When the summer is tired the Autumn will stop running and then winters turn to visit us. After last winter, I’m no way ready for more of it.

 

BW at his office again, today he has loads of paperwork to do and phone calls. Computer work and more. He’s tired though and ready for a couple of days off but tomorrow he and Sham will leave early to go to a place about one hours drive from here. He is getting something done to his car. I think he’s crazy. It’s to make it sound like a motorbike. Or even a truck. Right now, his car sounds so lovely. It’s really quiet.  Why do men like noisy cars? I should say of a certain age. In my days, back in my day, if it was making such a sound, we took it to the garage. Now kids are paying a fortune I’m talking £400 to make it sound as if it’s broken.

 

Gosh, Bloggets, so much is going on in our life right now, and it’s all good. I said there would be huge changes in our lives as a family and I wasn’t wrong. But it’s the break we have been looking for, for years.

 

It’s taken a lot of hard work and it will continue being hard work for many years if not forever, but I hope it will make life easier!

 

Apart from all that, we have arranged to visit our school friends at our friend’s house. It’s a long way away, but one train only. It’s weird we were kids at school like six plus and now some are Grandparents. I wonder if Mr. Clock will be there? He really does tick me off. Haha. But the others are great.

 

So, todays subject. Fathers. I always say anyone who can, can be a Father, but it takes a good man to be a Dad. My Sons words to his Dad were so sincere. My Husband really is a good Dad, though the opposite of a parent to me. I worry and show it. Hub is calm and worries under his breath also has more faith than me as far as our boy being OK in life. Though there are things he really would change same here, only I’m verbal about it, he’s not. But he’s very proud of BW and will be there for him for advice and being the one with the knowledge as far as BW is concerned. If BW needs any advice it’s Hub he will go to.

 

My Dad was a wonderful Dad. He wasn’t my birth Father but he adopted me from the age of four weeks. I don’t honestly believe he could have loved his blood child any more. He had so much love to give, but because of the age difference, he was more like a Grandfather kind of character.  Though will always be my one and only Dad. As far as my so called natural father, I guess he will be keeping warm down below where the fires never go out.

 

A Dad is someone you can trust who will be there whenever you need them and someone you will want to show you love by words, a card like today or a gift. BW has done all of that and I know it will be reciprocated many times over. As far as parenting, Hub and I are totally different. Like good Cop bad Cop. We want the same for our Son but go about trying or fighting for it in a different way. For those out there who are sad by days like today, who may never be a Dad, as far as I’m concerned, if you look after anything even a pet, you are a Dad as a Dad means trust. Love. Helpful and most of all, always there.

 

Some funny stories now. A Mum was telling her little boy Jack all about the baby sister in her tummy. You can’t predict when the baby will come Jack, you were expected on September 17th, and you arrived on September 11th. Then the little boy replied. “Oh, I’m so lucky, I was born on my birthday.””

 

A Grandmother cooked her Grand Son pancakes. Two were perfect one was a little over cooked as in slightly brown. The little boy said. I don’t want that one as it’s a little too ripe.

 

Two little boys were playing. One hurt his toe. His Mum asked which toe did he hurt? He replied. “The one that goes to market.””

 

And finally, a lady was telling me yesterday a really funny story about her little boy. There is a word he can’t say she told me. And I can’t help but cringe inside at the thought of him saying it when in public. He asks for his blanket, he’s only two, but because he can’t say blanket, the word he can say is

Wank it.

 

Out from the mouths of babes.

 

 

 

  

No comments: