translate

Monday 11 June 2018

TRYING TO GET TO BED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets.

Oh, let me tell you about last night?

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then I shall begin.

Hang on a bit till I remove this soggy ball from my lap.

My dog keeps bringing it to me, can’t she tell I’m doing important work?

 

So, last night, well, ages ago we bought a baby gate… for our dogs. To stop them going upstairs. To keep the hair in one place, downstairs rather than going upstairs too. Mind you it still does get up there though in general our dogs are downstairs but it’s not as bad since we got the gate. That’s if my boys keep it closed! Hub went to work the other morning and left it open and as for Boy Wonder, well, gate shmate.

 

BW came home from his weekend at the lake district on Sunday. He was exhausted after his long drive plus he had dreadful hay fever and took a tablet that made him tired. Not good when driving.

 

It was time to go to bed. Hub was tired and knew he had a tough day the following. Re today. All I heard was. “Oh, no, why the hell did we bother buying a child gate?””

(Not sure love as you left it open the other day)

Well I wasn’t brave enough to say that as I kind of detected he was not up for a joke.

“What’s wrong my love?””

“The dogs peed on the office carpet!””

Oh, no, not the office? Any carpet but that one please? My next comment was

Little Fella or Waggatail. He replied I think Waggs as it’s wet in one place. Well that is unusual for our girl. It’s not so for LF.

 

He’s rather partial to expressing himself upstairs. Mind you he’s only done it twice and been sick up there once. Hence the baby gate… but it has to be closed.

 

Poor Hub is armed with his work bag, his small bag to take for his shirts etc and the dog food for two nights. Sporting wet socks. Me. I will get the carpet cleaner. Oh, it’s in the garage. Hub. I will get it. Me thank goodness as it’s like a pigging tank.

 

Socks off slippers on bags down somewhere. He comes back down and into the garage. Then how to fill it. Oh, oy you need an ology for that. BW had gone to bed. We politely asked him to remind us how to fix this beast. He did bless him amazing when you can see just how fast things could be done. So now, bottle off to fill with cleaner. Hmm. Cleaner in the garage. Hub back downstairs. Into the garage with his iPhone in one hand he opens the App Tap Tap See.  Waves his phone over the number of bottles we have. Seriously it’s like a mad professor’s lab in there. Eventually he found the right one after tap tap see read yellow bottle and left hand holding plastic. Picture number three, he got the answer he wanted.

 

Back in the house, me, have you locked the garage door love? Hub. No, I just left it open for anyone to come along… seriously, that time of night humour isn’t his pal.

 

Well you will never believe it. He goes to the bathroom to fill up the bottle of substance. Grumbling as he can’t fit the bottle under the sink tap he goes to the bath. Oh, it wasn’t happening?

Yep it was. No water…. Me panic mode. There has to be water. How am I going to wash my hair? Never mind him having to get ready for work as an important event he had to attend that day or never mind Boy Wonder going to his first day at his new job all smart having gone under the shower…

 my hair….

 

Me, well it must be that thing in the boiler? You know, when you have to show your plumbing skills and fill it up with water? And where is that boiler?

In the garage…. Oh, heck I was hiding by this point… bless him he went with a jug and filled the tank up in the garage. I wouldn’t have a clue how to do that neither would BW. In fact, I am not entirely sure where exactly the blooming boiler is in there… I do know where the garage is though!!!

 

Well Hub eventually got started and the sound of the machine, oh, heck, BW wasn’t going to get much sleep for a while, then Hub shouted, if you vacuum the rug in the living room, I will use up this cleaning solution.

 

I went to get the vacuum… turned it on, nothing… who had the vacuum last? Boy Wonder for his car. Who didn’t plug it in? Boy Wonder. So, it is cordless and was flat.

 

So, there I am approaching the pumpkin hour now with a rubber brush in my hands on my knees scrubbing like the good old northern lass I am remembering the days when we Geordies used to scrub our white doorsteps.

 

Well in the end, we did it, washed the cleaner out and Hub took it back to the garage. Then, where did he put his work bag and bag with shirts in? oh, no, hunt the bag. Well, he found them thank goodness. But in a hurry, he just dumped them, imagine if we couldn’t find them? BW wouldn’t be impressed.

 

 So, then all showered then bed by just after midnight. He had six and a bit hour before his alarm went off. But our office carpet is nice and clean.

 

Hub went to his office this morning at silly hour did some hours of work then his lovely colleague drove him and the Little Fella three hours to the next destination. He is now having his conference for a few days.

 

Last I heard from BW he wasn’t enjoying his first day at work… he said there wasn’t enough to do. It was too quiet. I think by the time he gets in at ten tonight, he may have a different story to tell.

 

He will have five ish, hours sleep then he’s up for work again. Not sure if he is seeing Sham tonight, as it’s an awkward time. I would guess he was though.

 

I had a meeting this morning, interesting, a lovely lady for sure. And this afternoon I prepared questions for an interview I’m doing on Friday. I have ironed most of the past two hours. It’s just weird. It’s night time and Hub hasn’t been home for dinner and Boy Wonder has a few hours to go before he’s home. It’s a long day for sure. I don’t like it. Wednesday will fly though as I am expecting a delivery from eight till nine in the morning, so a very early start first job cleaning the dog run. Nice. I hope it doesn’t rain though it’s forecast. Then a wiz around the house as I have the girls coming around we will chat and I hope laugh. And Thursday I’m really looking forward to as I’m out at the craft fair. Well I think it’s a craft fair, though I have been told they sell clothes, handbags and

 

Sausages. Bahahaha.

 

OK, best dash for now but thank you for your shares on my blog (The Blind Truth) I hope it creates awareness. And before I go, countries in the top ten today are US, UK, Finland, Canada, Germany, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Denmark, France and Australia. Earlier Mexico Georgia, Netherlands, Thailand and Nigeria

 

Hello to you all.

And goodbye for now.

 

No comments: