translate

Monday 11 June 2018

DIARY OF JUST LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I hope you have had a good weekend. Ours has been interesting.

After a busy day yesterday, we waited for someone to come who decided to turn up today at ten. I had made plans to go out with friends last night then stupid me remembered we had shopping due at half seven/half eight. So, rather than go to our town we all decided to just stay local. I called my grocery delivery and asked if they could please make my shopping for eight eight thirty. Hmm. After waiting forever for an answer, I had to leave. But at least they had my message to be a little later. I mean, we get calls all the time   asking if we wouldn’t mind having our delivery earlier. We always say yes, no trouble. So, I hoped they would just go to someone else then come to us, I mean, our original slot was within the hour of 7.30 and 8.30 so just to delay it by half an hour? Oh, no, we got home at three minutes to eight and the shopping for the week had been and gone. Not even a call to say they were at my door. We could have been home within five minutes. We always get calls to ask if they can come early, so why could they not call to tell us they were at our house?

 

I was stressed and furious. I called them but they said they couldn’t re deliver that night. But would today in their words, we will deliver tomorrow. So, what on earth time did they actually come? I mean, they can’t have been that far away.

 

Anyway, I only learned they were definitely coming today at quarter to nine this morning. And what a grumpy pumpy the driver was today, and thankfully everything was there. Now, where our food was kept overnight? Your guess is as good as mine. But it looks OK. Though the bananas were rather wet. Haha. Tasted fine though!

 

The person who was to come yesterday but said he would come today at ten, came at eleven. Our other friends who said they would come at eleven today came at half eleven but I don’t care as I love to see them any time. As for last night? Apart from the stress, the night was fine. Our friends came back here just before eight and left at midnight. Ish.

 

Our people said they had the best night. So, all was OK in the end of a very confusing weekend. Another weekend Hub and I learned a lot. Just saying.

 

And the start of a not very nice week ahead. But it has to be done. Though there are some good points this week. Apart from me working and interviewing, Wednesday the little group of ladies are doing coffee and whatever at our elevenses group. Thursday I’m out with my neighbour and her friend. We are going to a craft fair. And a busy week for Hub as well as Boy Wonder working for the first day tomorrow at his new position as assistant manager.

 

It’s ten in the evening now and Hub has just opened his work lap top. I think I may close our weekend with a relaxing ish bath. After I rescue some washing I put on a very short wash. Like twenty minutes. Now Bloggets, normally I have my washing machine on for two and a half hours. But I can have a twenty-minute wash. But if I miscount the dial, turning it to the right, I can miss my stop by one notch and oh, boy, you’re then looking at three hours and forty minutes. For two items?

 

I love this joke, I hope it puts a smile on your chops?

Little girl and boy playing in a sand pit. Little boy wants the toilet to wee but remembered his Mum told him never to be rude and talk about private matters in front of a lady. So, he turns to his little friend and remembering his Mums words she uses when in a restaurant to excuse herself says. “Please excuse me I must powder my nose.”” He jumps out of the pit and goes to the toilet. He returns and the little girl asks did you powder your nose? He replies yes thank you, she replies. “Well you’d better close your compact because your lipstick is hanging out.””

 

Short blogs this week but I shall keep in touch. This blog is a short one for me at about 764 words.

Later gators.

 

   

No comments: