translate

Wednesday 27 June 2018

OPEN MY DIARY CHECK OUT THE NEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s 6pm. It’s been a long 24 hours. I went to bed about ten to seven this morning for just over two hours. Got shower, did some work then put on my glad rags and went to one of the lady’s house we meet up with every few weeks.

 

It was so hot we all sat in her garden. She prepared some food and some much-needed Earl Grey tea.  It was a lovely time I spent with my friend Rita. She’s so sweet. The lady who’s house it was is very accommodating. You never come away from her hungry. Unfortunately, one of the ladies couldn’t be there as she had to work. When I returned home, I had moments before my shopping was due. A cold drink was required.

 

So many phone calls to answer. When I was out, my phone never stopped. Ringing and pinging! It rang first then pinged to say there were messages. After my shopping arrived, I rang the people. Two calls were jobs I had to do and three were regards to our next adventure.

 

I then checked my email. Gosh, I don’t know if it’s because I went out or do I normally get this much attention? It’s as if people knew I was out so had to bother me by emailing stupid requests. There were a few emails though I was happy to receive. Time spent talking with a friend in India, and then my door bell rang. I had arms full of washing. I was about to hang out. Plonked them down, ran to the door. I heard a very velvety voice say. “Thank you Darling!””

I was about to ask what for?

Then to spare my blushes, he said a parcel for you.

Well I wasn’t expecting anything. And it was a throw for my new sofa which isn’t here yet. All fine, only I received a throw for it yesterday too. I checked my Amazon account and it looks like I have ordered two. They are not the same this is so unlike me. I really don’t know how I did that. Two completely different sellers. Oh, my, they are both enormous too. Oh, well, if I have to wash one, the other will do. So, the sofa isn’t without some kind of cover. My Hub will go mad he hates throws. As do I, but I also hate scratches on the leather. You should see this one with our dogs?

 

My Son stayed at Shams last night, he started work at 5am and he came home whilst I was out then going straight to the gym. Where he is now? your guess is as good as mine. He told me not to cook dinner he would sort it out so I guess they have gone to the pub to eat.

 

Hub due in at almost nine. I wonder where he’s working tomorrow? His dinner is in the oven and I shall have a warm bath waiting for him, not hot as it’s too hot out there and in the house, but a relaxing temperature. I have ironed his shirt for tomorrow, so he’s ready to go.

 

We have loads of delicious strawberries for after dinner. I’m making him Moussaka. He loves it. I make it with lamb.

 

So, I’m up to date with my emails from you, I have answered the clowns who wrote to me today. I have filled in forms that are needed to be returned asap and I have made phone calls to companies/organisations as well as written one paper out of two I need to do.

 

The house is tidy and my work is done for the night. It’s too hot to work.

 

Forgive me if I have told you this but my yoga classes start on the 2nd of July. Oh, I’m super excited. I wonder if I will be the most challenging person she has ever seen? Haha. Bending is a thing buried in the back of my mind.

 

As for the world cup, I can’t believe Germany have been knocked out? Beaten by South Korea.

 

England play tomorrow, I don’t hold much hope for that game. But you never know.

 

News, in Manchester an inferno has raging blazing fires for the forth day. The army are on standby.

 There are warnings in England, as temperatures are to intensify.

5 Waitrose stores are to close say John Lewis. This is so sad.

Next month the moon is going to turn blood red. A total Luna eclipse

In Britain a survey claims that Brits are at their happiest when they first walk through the door from work. Hahaha.

OK, this comes with a gross warning.

A 57-year-old man looses feeling in his legs after a huge 2 LITRE Poo.

Oh, my goodness…. How? actually, I don’t want to know.

Well on that note, I shall go for now leaving you with that pleasant thought…

 

No comments: