translate

Friday 15 June 2018

DIARY OF LULLABIES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I hope I find you all well. Hub and I have  had almost  an hour in our conservatory with the birds singing in the early evening and as I gave Hub an Indian head massage, I had the wonderful Olivia Newton John singing through the speakers. It was a chill time for us all. I love her singing and songs. She was someone as a child I looked up to as a lady and stunningly beautiful person who I wanted to look like and as we both grew older together her many years ahead of me, but she always looked so very young. she matured into someone who’s words to some of her songs touched my heart as I felt the same way about nature as she expressed in her lyrics.

 

This weekend I hope will be one of relaxation as it’s been an interesting week for us all. This weekend in particular Hub will I hope be able to forget work for once and just enjoy sun and love.

 

My Son is working hard at work. His boss is very pleased with him so far… But she has got him to do all of the book work on the computer but to be honest, that suits him. He tells me of his work and I’m so impressed by him. Most nights he has come in though, he has spoke about quitting and normally when he starts a job, he loves it. I think he has just been very tired too. He’s been up most mornings at 4.30 am. And last night he started a bit later but didn’t get home until almost eleven in the evening.  He has two days before he has time off making it seven days in a row.

 

My Son doesn’t have a microwave at work to heat his lunch up so I have been trying to be a little adventurous with salads but there is only so much healthy salads one can eat, right? So tonight, I baked a quiche and made some vegetarian sausage rolls. When I went to the fair yesterday there was a sausage stall. Some of the sausages were vegetarian. I bought some. They were quite herby to smell so I wasn’t sure about them, I decided to wrap some pastry around them after putting them in the oven for a while and I can tell you, they were delicious. Gosh, if I am ever lucky enough to go again to one of those stalls, I will for sure buy more of them. In the quiche I put 6 eggs. Loads of cheese, three big tomatoes, half an onion and a few mushrooms with a little pesto and black pepper with a small amount of salt. I hope that will be nice. And I pray BW will enjoy it and not feel bad about eating eggs and cheese. See, I just can’t do vegan. I have been kind of this week with salads and cuscus, but as for all week? My imagination isn’t that good.

 

This morning I did an interview and I have another one tomorrow. Hub couldn’t understand how calm I was, to me, why should I be anxious? It wasn’t me who was applying for a job. Smile. Interviewing to me is so easy, I even to be honest don’t mind being interviewed. Now, going out myself well, with my faithful Waggatail, that’s a different story. I went to post a letter with her today and it always amazes me just how I get from A to B.

 

Waggs is working really well bless her. It hurts to think she may only have two and a half years before she will have to retire. I’m dreading that day. I will never forget the day I had to hand over the harness of my last guide dog, she was my first guide, and her last walk with me was the best one she ever did. I swear, she knew it was her last. Where I live, our dogs work until they are ten. And even if they still work well and are fit and healthy, they still retire. Why? Because the boss feels a guide dog should have a life after work. Also, they may want to keep working for us, but who knows how they are really feeling? I mean, they are seventy at the end of the day in their world. There are some wonderful volunteers who take on retired guide dogs and give them a happy few years before they go to the big field in the sky. But thank God I can keep my babies. The Little Fella and Waggs will be staying here with us.

 

If you could see Hub now. He is on the floor making Waggs wild. I have shouted twice already. Not at Waggs, but Hub. LF is sitting in the corner just observing everything and every now and then, he tells his Dad off if he is too mad with Waggs. But the rougher you are with her the happier she is. Where as LF, he is too timid and delicate. Hahaha.

 

Waggatail loves her Daddy and the feeling is so mutual.

 

Well, tomorrow is another day. And another day will be tomorrow. Only a couple of hours away. Until then, I shall bid you night night. And talk again when the sun comes back on a new day.

A lot of days in that. I’m tired. Smile.  Remember.

I hope your pillow will be a fluffy cloud and the angels sing sweet lullabies. Know that the stars have come to wish you sweet dreams and the moonlight is there to guide you to that path of dreams.

© Fiona Cummings

 

    

 

No comments: