translate

Monday 25 June 2018

BATTLE OF THE BURGERS, BBQ'S AND BLOOMS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I come across some very strange situations. Today a post asking any good names for a werewolf?

Em. Norm?

As I write this my eyes are closed. I am falling asleep. My fingers are just about moving, and my head is nodding off as I type then in shock I learn that I have written some words without realising what I have written as I have fallen asleep.

 

I had to leave that blog and do something. My son came in from work. He told me to go to bed for an hour. No, I feel too guilty sleeping during the day, problem is, then I can’t sleep at night so ends up I just don’t sleep.

 

Well I cooked a very lazy dinner. Vegetarian burgers, with huge mushrooms and haloumi cheese with salad, all in a giant bread role. Nothing else. Gosh it was so filling. BW loved it, and then we had strawberries. They are so sweet at the moment. Strawberries that is, not vegetarian burgers.

 

I’m outside now, it’s a beautiful evening. During the day, it was far too hot. Now there is a very gentle breeze.

In the air I smell BBQ’s, burning wood, sweet flora, freshly cut grass and different kinds of cooking from all over the world, as in our avenue of all sorts, well, there are, all sorts. We are a huge mixing bowl.

 

 In my opinion, BBQ’s always smell much better than what they taste like. The smells of summer. Hmm. If only we had a peaceful garden. The traffic is just ridiculous. Don’t they know how to go on a different road? Oh, my, thousands of cars, trucks, busses, lorry’s and so on fly down our road and as for helicopters? Police services? It’s awful an yet the birds still they sing.  Only just though, as we can hear them. I say we, as in the royal we? Smile. As it’s just me, I did have my dogs out with me but I have had to send them in as Waggatail has brought all of her toys outside and the two of them have gone mad and now I have to try to find them all. As they are no help to bring them in. Call themselves guide dogs? Haha.

 

I have been on doggy day-care all day as Hub left the Little Fella here as in this heat to do six hours by train and an hour’s journey by taxi to sit in an office all day? Especially when tomorrow he will do half that journey again. So, starting at half five in the morning, and I hope to goodness the taxi comes on time tomorrow, they will travel by train for three hours and an all-day situation but I think tomorrow it will be in a much bigger room and night-time, he will be in a hotel. Did I tell you what LF does in the hotel rooms? Strips the bed. Only if Hub dares to step into the bathroom without him. Seriously, he causes no damage, but when Hub comes out of the bathroom, the bed is all off and LF sits there with a big smile feeling very proud of himself. It’s like the lady who looked after him before we got him, she was a boarder. Came home after walking her dogs to get him for a walk. Or had he been on one already? May be, anyway, she couldn’t open the kitchen door where she left him. Luckily, she had one of those hatches you lift up to serve food? Well, LF had lifted the full carpet and there he was, sat as proud as punch right in the middle of all this carpet.

 

He's such a good boy, but he has, well shall we say, issues!

 

Hubs still not well but putting on a front. He sounded terrible on the phone. I wish he would go to the Doctors for his blood test? I can’t force him.

 

As I was on my way back in earlier today, I was coming back with a man…. That shouldn’t sound as bad as it does… he didn’t step over my doorstop. We spoke and said goodbye. And as he was chatting just before leaving, I told him to be careful not to click his trousers. Bahahaha. This is sounding worse.

 

I went on to explain, the rose in the pot is so nasty spikey and will rip his trousers. Guess what he turned around and said to me?

“How do you know it’s there, but hang on, how do you know it’s a rose?””

 

God give me strength.

 

I explained because I blooming put it there. He replied, I wouldn’t even know it was a rose. Bahahaha. Heck, one of my neighbours did say a couple of weeks ago it needs a good watering. What on earth does it look like?

 

OK, round two. I have fed Boy Wonder, soon Hub will be in. Well if you count the dogs, round three.

 

Oh, I wish we could have smelly telly. Where you could smell what I smell. The army of roses and other foliage is battling with the worlds cuisine.

 

I shall go for now but tomorrow is another day and a totally different subject. Again, thank you to everyone of you who have written and I will get around to answering your emails.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: