translate

Monday 25 June 2018

DIARY OF THE LETTER L BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Well today I would like to say hello to you all wishing my old school pal Judy a very happy birthday, as well as my on-loan Niece never to be returned Hannah a wonderful birthday. My school friend has reached the big 5 0 today, can I just say at this point, I was very mature at school. Not sure where I went wrong after then, and she was many years my senior…. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

 

Hannah on the other hand is half of that age, 25 today. And today is mine and my darlings wedding Anniversary. He told me the other day we were the best decision he ever made. And I can tell you our wedding day was the best gift he could ever give me in fact, the best gift anyone could ever give me then now and forever.

 

Our day didn’t start off very well. Hub goes out to sit and wait for his taxi to get fresh air as after those few moments he’s in transit or an office all day. So, twenty pasts five this morning, the birds were just cleaning their teeth. The taxi was booked for 5.25am. half five nothing. He called the company and the answer he was given. It’s on it’s way, just coming over the bridge… em, what bridge? Seriously.

Five minutes later, I called them. He then told me it wasn’t his fault the driver was late. It’s up to the drivers if they want to turn up!

Say what?

Their self-employed and if they don’t want to pick people up, it’s their fault. Last week drivers dared to have a day’s golf and didn’t tell the company. Well sorry, but if you book a taxi, you expect it to turn up.

It’s up to the person on the desk to chase whatever up making sure there is a driver going to turn up. We booked it last night.

 

So, the car came at 5. 43am.

His train was at 6am and it’s a fifteen-minute journey into our town to the station.

 

Thank God he had his tickets though, so no need to go and buy them, but that did add stress as if he missed his train, that would be a fortune flushed down the drain. But as a person who is blind, we book assistance. You are supposed to turn up twenty minutes before your train as the amazing staff are not waiting around just to assist you to your correct train. 40 seconds Hub got to his seat before the train pulled away. A lot of running and unnecessary stress. Something he doesn’t need in his life right now.

 

OK, I always find people who just blow my mind…. So, yesterday we had to give our email address to a gent. This was an important email we had to sort out. We were sitting with the guy in his office when he sent the email through. When it didn’t come, we made sure he had the correct spelling of the start of the email. As the last part is easy. Googlemail.com

Well he had spelled it wrong. Correct spelling, we gave him. Still no email. Today I called him. We together went through the first part, then he asked me about the second half. I said googlemail.com

Oh, he answered, that’s where I have gone wrong…

Me, at last we are getting somewhere.

Him. Now wait for this one Bloggets.

And I quote.

“I put an L, in .com.

Whh’aa’aa’aat?

An L, in .com?

Don’t you mean google?

No, he replied with such glee he now knew the correct email address. An L, in .com…

Take me out of here?

 

Anyway, we got the email, all sorted perhaps the guy is a sausage short of a BBQ, or there’s a tile missing from his roof, but he’s a lovely guy, so I forgive him.

 

It’s too hot, I went out earlier and I can’t stand it. Children are playing in the nearby school I feel for them and I hope they have suntan cream on.

Today is 28°C

 

Our gardens are so very dry. I always get a little anxious about watering our garden as knowing my luck, our neighbours will be out there silently sunbathing and I will hose them down…

 

(Poppies Fifi not people)

 

I expect our Son will be tired when he gets in from work as Sham stayed and he was up and down the stairs all night. I don’t know what he was doing. Getting her a drink? Food? Not sure but no sleep that I am sure about. She isn’t working today so can lay in. she left at half six when he left for work.

 

He said where he works there’s no air conditioning. Where he used to work, it was broken and the guy who I have just been talking to, said his office is lovely and cool in summer, only trouble is, it’s freezing in winter as the heads managers, don’t know how to work it…

 

Abroad just don’t seem to have this problem. It just works. And yesterday, oh, boy, I was about to hang out my Sons washing, he came and shouted. No Mum please put it back I will put it in the dryer. Em, no way it’s far too hot in there. Anyway, half and half. Most of the items got hung out and the rest in the dryer, oh, boy it was like a sauna!

 

In our news today. In Birmingham a woman who was a hoarder has been found dead surrounded by 82 Chihuahua’s

Oh my, vet care? Propper food? Hygiene? Noise and mess?

 

In Scotland, a priest knocked down four people as they were heading to a funeral… All four in hospital.

It’s not funny. Is it?

Thank God they are OK… Pardon the pun

 

Apple admits MacBook’s break too easily and will fix them free.

 

And that’s all for today Bloggets. More later. X

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: