translate

Friday 15 June 2018

THE CURRY CHRONICLES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. At last I can write to you all. My day started off at a silly time this morning. BW came in at ten to seven and Hub left for work as I got up at half seven. My neighbour and her friend who I have never met before today, asked me to go to a huge craft fair. I never say no to places like that. The friend was fantastic. A lovely lady who knows what she wants and gets it.

 

Gosh the fair was absolutely packed. And not being able to see was today interesting as we went around tasting all the lovely and some not so lovely foods, we stopped at a Thai lady who was so proud to tell me the food she was about to give me to try was a recipe from her Dad. It was really tasty. Full of chickpeas. I bought it. The lady handed it over to my neighbour’s friend who took a shopping trolley on wheels. She was very organised. She is a very practical lady there in her wellies and rain coat, me in my good shoes, fancy black jeans with lace with matching black blazer and black Michael Kors handbag. Hahaha I just don’t do appropriate dress for unappropriated occasions.

 

Well I bought a tiny box of fudge for Hub. Some sausages for him and some vegetarian ones for us. Oh, then there was the nut stall. You know the nuts that I am trying not to eat now? well. Then there was that stall. I had to try for experimental purposes. That’s all I’m saying…

 

I got Hub some chocolate covered coffee beans and I bought a gift for our lady who walks our dogs as it’s her birthday in a few days. It was a glasses case. My neighbour said she wears glasses, the dog walking lady not my neighbour. It has dogs on it and when you open it it’s beautiful inside. Thick soft velvet I have never seen such a posh glasses case.

 

Strange gift, but I’m a very strange person. I also saw what I am going to get Hub for Christmas… Not a glasses case… something magnificent. Oh, there was a wonderful bronze stall that had life size Labradors. Sadly, I didn’t find out how much they were. There was a stall selling wood carvings of chickens and elephants. Hahaha. There were other things like owls. But I thought it was funny from small owls and chickens, to elephants.

 

Then the cheese stall. Yum. I bought the kind Hub likes and some for me and our boy. Mind you, he’s wanting to become vegan, so not sure he will help me to eat it.

 

I also had to pass a stall that sold salt and pepper sets and I couldn’t go home without one. They are like shells and they were an OK price.

 

We sat and had a delicious coffee and my neighbour tasted some prosecco. Oh, and I bought a Parkin cake to bring home. Ooooooo that is so tasty. Have you had parkin cake before? It’s something that the WI tend to make a lot of. When I used to give talks to the WI, we were always fed Parkin cake.

It’s made with oatmeal, ginger, butter, treacle, golden syrup, brown sugar, an egg and self raising flour. Its traditionally eaten on

Guy Fawkes night and originates from Northern England.

You may find the link at the bottom of this blog of some interest.

 

There was a stall selling beautiful scarves. The Ladies bought some of those but I’m not a scarf kind of gal.

 

There were handbags purses and boots from South Africa, so obviously real leather. They smelled amazing, but I didn’t want to think of what animals they could be made from. This evening as we were going to the pub quiz, my neighbour who comes with us, said the boots had the animal fur/hair on still. Gross. There were cookery demonstrations from cooks from Australia. Again, I didn’t want to know…. And lots of soaps and hand creams to try. The creams, not the soaps…

 

There was a lovely stall selling paintings of animals/wildlife. And there was an elephant my favourite kind of picture. Something I don’t have, is a painting of an elephant, but it was awkward to carry and not cheap.

 

The different smells were wonderful and it was in the countryside so fresh air. Though we were blown around the place as really the winds were wild.

I’m shattered now but in a very good way. A wonderful day I’m so grateful for. I hope I get invited again. My neighbours friend told me I was an education. Hahaha. Me, why? Because this lady has never been with anyone blind before and now she knows what blind people are all about… To which I told her, just like her, blind people are all different. But she was lovely and very funny. I really hope I meet her again.

 

Now there I am with all my bags deciding Hub was going to have sausages I was going to have an easy curry and BW would have the same I would just add things to it for him. Hmm. So, Hubs sausages were fine, as for our curry? Heck. This is when being either able to see or have something described in a better way comes in handy. I opened all my bags of goodies, put them away then found the last bag. The curry bag…  expecting to find my tray of curry inside. Hahaha. Em. Nope. It was a piggin jar to make curry with. For £6.50? Well I guess it was a nice sauce but the jar is tiny.

How I was thrown off was because the Thai lady was saying in broken English that serves two… Well I have never heard of a jar serving two before, have you?

 

Tonight, the pub quiz. In this wind we just stood at the end of our avenue of all sorts and let the wind take us there.

We did rubbish tonight. But again, a good evening so the anagram was, and I was no where close yesterday with this. I guess you have to be English to get it as they are English. But we are not told at the time of the nationality. If you are not from England, see if you can get at least their first name? Us four didn’t. and I will tell you why when you have a go at guessing.

Foot entrance

Those are the letters to play with. A person was the clue. Man woman? At that point we didn’t know. Oh, it’s too difficult. Come have a go.

Foot Entrance.

I had to laugh and it’s naughty of me it’s bad and I feel awful doing it, but our neighbour is a clever man, but anagrams he just doesn’t get. So, he would say in last nights case for example. Foot Entrance,

 Phillip Schofield. Firstly, I never knew our presenter had two L’s in his name and secondly, the clue for the anagram honey is that you take the letters given and mix them up to make a name…. He always puts letters in the answer that aren’t even there. And it’s so comical. I mean, how on earth can you derive Phillip Schofield out of Foot Entrance?

 

I laugh at the way he is so sincere with his answers and his wife is so strict with the way she tells him he is being silly. And the fact he has been known to throw a letter Q and W in a word that doesn’t even have those letters in. Bless him. I need to stop laughing though, it’s awful. I mean I laugh as quiet as I can but sometimes I’m in mid flow of drinking my lemonade. And it all can go wrong.

So the answer is..
Fern Cotton
Anyway, I shall leave you with the link below and hope you have a lovely weekend.  

 


 

 

 

No comments: