translate

Tuesday 5 June 2018

A PERFECT VIEW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A PERFECT VIEW

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

What must it be like to see something like you do

 The dark lush grass and sky so blue

A cloud that floats

 A village scene so remote

In the harbour a boat

A butterfly on a beautiful peach bloom

The colours/deco as I walk into a room

A cute dog peeping over the fence

The shine from a brand new 2 pence

The shimmer over a lake so immense

Things I can only imagine in my present tense

To see my babies smile

And the love from my spouse’s eyes

To open a surprise

And know what it is

To be able to define

Red or white wine

To play a word game or enter a picture quiz

To read a letter with ease

To do what i please

To drive to where I need to go

To paint winters crisp white snow

Or a sunset

 An artist creating a sketch

If you need anything, just go and fetch

To wake up and see daylight

to watch your children, fly a kite

to see your face in the mirror

life would be so much clearer

easier

just to read again as you do

what a perfect view

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: