translate

Friday 8 June 2018

THE BLIND TRUTH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My Son has arrived safely at his destination with his friends. Few. As it’s a two-hour drive. He went on a two hour walk where he said was so beautiful and now is having a meal in a country pub. They will then go onto see where they are staying for the next two nights but from what I can find on line, it seems so wonderful. Right in the middle of a forest. Seconds walk from a huge lake. I’m super excited for him. I think there are between 10 and 12 of them all together. Sham is going later on tonight. She will arrive about ten.

 

I am starving and can’t be bothered to cook. By the end of the week, I just have had enough of being a housewife.

 

Yesterday when my Husband got in from work we were straight back out. We spent time with someone who was so funny in his response to us being blind. It was as if and I am sure this is correct, he had never met a real life blind person, let alone two. Hahahhaha. I think we scrambled his brain. Hubs shoelace came undone. He bent down to fasten it. I didn’t know what had happened apart from knowing he was suddenly on the floor. I asked him as you would. “Darling, what are you doing on the floor?””

 

To which he replied he was doing up his shoe lace that had come undone. The man asked in shock. How did you know he was on the ground? I replied because of his voice, it was coming from the ground and I know he’s not that short. Hahaha.

 

Oh, but it didn’t stop there. He then asked Hub how did he learn how to fasten shoelaces? Oh, my God, I wish at that time Hub was wearing a tie!!!

 

We got in a car and it had leather seats we then got in another car with this man driving home and it had different leather seats as in not as good quality. We spoke of the difference in leather again, the man was blown away how we knew. He said to look at the leather there is no visual difference. When my Husband told him, he had missed the turn, well, I think the guy was ready for a lay down at that point. He pulled up at our house and turned to Hub. “How did you know I almost went past your turn?”” To which Hub replied. “Nothing much goes past us mate!””

 

Bless the guy, I can’t believe firstly how open he was with regards his questions of interest And secondly, how naive people can still be with regards to blindness. We are like you people… seriously, close your eyes cover your closed eyes with your hands. You still may not see like us, but you will get the idea that we still have a brain. Just like you!

 

He was a nice guy but a couple of weeks ago we did come across a man who really should be reported. He was so patronising condescending however you wish to address such fools. If it was up to me, I would have taken him to court. But Hub wanted an easy life.  this man basically said blind people had no right in the work place. Wow, my Husband has worked with Governments all over the world and had to make enormous decisions on his own. He has dealt with contracts worth millions and changed lives. Seriously, I wanted to take this man out with one big blow to the thick skull he was wearing on his scrawny neck.

 

I hope he is reading this.

 

  Have a nice weekend Bloggets.

 

No comments: