translate

Saturday 2 June 2018

GONE AGAIN GARDEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Dear Bloggets. Well very kindly I have been asked to write for another magazine this week and enter a competition. Two different companies and subjects, now I just have to decide whether or not I have time to do so particularly one bit of writing as it’s rather complex! Once again you are so kind and thank you all for your lovely comments in which ever way you have chosen to write them/send them.

 

OK, now for something funny. I have a very kind neighbour who cuts my grass for me. Our front lawn is so small but it’s grass. Well, obviously it would be, I said it’s a lawn. Let’s hope those asking me to write this week are not reading this? Haha.

 

My neighbour really needs glasses. All the time. I keep telling him, he’s as blind as a bat. Firstly, last year he cut through the red lights I had on my shrub. May I just add, the lights were not near the grass. Gone. Then BW planted two small conifers. One of those bit the dust. Our neighbour ran over it. We didn’t dig it out, we hoped it would turn into a nice tree once it got over the shock of having a real bad hair day. But no, over a year later, it still represents some kind of extra-terrestrial!

 

Well, we planted an apple tree. It’s almost as tall as the house, our neighbour complains about it saying it’s in the way. Hahaha. Seriously. I wrapped some lights, well kind of a wire around it and again the wire is red. So, by night the tree is lit up.

Was.

The other night, all I heard was a crunch bang. Then my doorbell rang.

He’d struck again.

Bless his heart. He’s a real good guy would do anything for us. But at this rate, I am truly worried about his eyes.

 

This time he said he felt so bad he replaced the lights.

He handed me the box. Well it’s a little awkward, as I really don’t want to put them up. Not because I am worried our neighbour will strike again, but they are round Christmas baubles. Multi coloured. And at Christmas, they will look beautiful. But if I put them out now, people will say.

“Oh, bless, look at the blindies garden, they don’t realise their lights are Christmas ones…

Well obviously, our sighted , neighbour didn’t realise, but as I said, come a few months and I am quite looking forward to putting them out. He’s a sweetie really. And he can’t get over the fact that Hub and I have lights in our garden considering we can’t see. The other day he told me we were the talk of the place because we are the only ones in our street with garden lights. Well if he had seen my back yard some years ago, I told my old Bloggets, I was surprised the planes didn’t land. I had so many lights outside it really did look like a runway. They were all blue too and all different shapes but the trouble is, they never last as they are either solar power or attractive to grass cutters. Smile.

 

Last night I spent time rubbing down a beautiful stone statue I have in my back yard. It’s a lady holding a basket of fruit. She’s quite tall but not tall enough for some to look out of the window at nights and think they were seeing the ghost of the white lady.

 

It was meant to be painted today but the rain never stopped.

 

My Son and his Dad have just gone out to a big shop. Boy Wonder before leaving as he hadn’t long been in from work, said to his Dad. “let me just get some pre-workout to drink before I go so I don’t crash the car!”” Hub replied. “Make sure you take loads of that Son!””

 

They will bring back a couple of things, one being a matching pan for our set I bought ages ago, so hopefully they will be able to get the same make. Hub is very upset as I have cremated one of his pans. I’m not joking, I couldn’t have killed it in a more serious way. It’s well gone. I mean, how it ended up looking like that? I really don’t know. All I tried to do was cook rice. Then I had an oopsie moment. There is no smell worse than a burned pan. It’s Hubs favourite shop. John Lewis.

 

Tomorrow is Boy Wonders last day at this job. Then he has some days off work and starts his new role. He brought his new shirts home yesterday with manager written on. So, it’s serious now.

 

Well I have just washed some strawberries for tonight and they taste rather delicious. We bought a huge tray of them. Well, a box. There is nothing nicer than good strawberries. The boys will have them on their return, and rice isn’t on the menu!

 

 

No comments: