translate

Saturday 15 June 2019

YOU DAD @PoetryByFionaCummings


YOU DAD

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I don’t need a special titled day to remember you

I don’t have the words to say how badly I miss you

I never told you enough just how much I loved you

I wish I could give you one more hug

One more kiss

One more gift

Your kindness I so miss

Memories may drift

Feelings may sink then lift

But the pain doesn’t go away

I just learn to deal with it day by day

Wherever you are now my dearest Dad

Smile for me inside my heart

Then just for a second

I won’t be sad

To you I will beckon

To let you know I felt your presence

Whether you are close or high above

I hope you are happy and loved

Even if it’s just half as much as I love you

 

© Fiona Cummings

(Father’s come and go, but it takes a real man to be a Dad.)

(We may not be in touch with our Fathers, but that doesn’t say we are not loved or we do not love them. It just takes a strong person to reach out)

(Some people don’t believe in hero’s, but they didn’t meet my Dad)

(A Dad holds his daughters’ hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever)

(One of the greatest gifts I have ever received was from God. I called him Dad)

(In the darkest days, when I feel so low and inadequate, I remember I’m my Dads daughter, I straighten my crown and feel like a queen)

 

No comments: