translate

Thursday 20 June 2019

KEEPING A DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My dream is to live near the seaside. But the past hour I have been reading about 1000 lightning strikes in a part of the UK on the beach. Wow. From a safe place, that must have looked dramatic.

 

We have floods and there are parts of India that have ran out of water. Oh, poor people there, I feel so sad for them. I do believe we don’t do enough with water. I mean we live on an Ireland and we in the past have had hosepipe bans because of water shortage. How can this be? Why can’t we have an enormous pipe leading to countries who don’t get much water?  Oh, I was watching a part and only a part, as I can’t watch it all, program the other day, it was a cheese factory. Whey residues left over from the cheese making process, is mixed with water and pumped into the AD plant from the creamery to create energy. What a great idea? I have heard of crematoriums doing that, but that to me is a little creepy.

    

My baby dog has been so loving of late. With age comes out her adorable side. She actually cuddles into my neck. I love her so much. The love an animal gives us is so real. They ask for nothing. They are so happy with such a little. I can’t ever imagine myself without a dog in my life, there will always be more than one dog in my heart.

 

I think our gardener will come tomorrow and that will be the first time our garden has been done in eight months so, you can imagine what it’s like. Excluding our front garden that gets cut our poor back garden has been neglected. We have loads of shrubs that really need attention. Goodness only knows how they still grow as we really don’t look after the poor things.

 

At the side of our house we even have a tree grown. Haha. Where has it come from? Well I think it’s from the children’s book Jack and the beanstalk. I think a bird may have dropped some seeds rather than Jack himself, as no human planted it, and who knows what’s at the top of it, perhaps a giant? It’s so tall. So, I hope that is going tomorrow. I don’t want it growing under the house.

 

Hub has a busy day travelling by train. His day will begin at 6 am.

Boy that is early.

 

Now, a memory from my college days. The author Sylvia Plath. Silvia kept a Diary from the age of 11 until a few days before she committed suicide. It is written that her ex-husband took care of them as there were things in the latter diaries that he didn’t want their two children to read about. But he did many years later publish books saying they were her journals but people say they were obviously changed to make her seem less depressed than what she actually was also if he could do that, what else did he remove from her words?

 

Do you keep a journal/Diary? I have since I was about 13. Until I went blind. They were all hand written. I kept them all. Since then, some of them I got rid of and others got left in lofts gone by. God help anyone who has found them? Let’s hope the mice got to them first!

 

And finally, a good link for those of us with RP. This is sight restoration but explained in a really easy way. I also felt I could hear the passion of the researcher through words that were written.

 


 

 

No comments: