translate

Friday 14 June 2019

JUST SAYING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just saying.

Our press has been reporting stories of how angry people are about the new rule that people over the age of 75 will no longer receive free TV licence. Unless they are on little money. Personally, I know of so many very wealthy people over the age of 75.  It’s different if it was for all people, as some people don’t get out of the house so the TV is all they have, but at least those who are on little money will still receive free licences.

 

I can’t remember if it’s the same for heating, but older people used to get free heating too. When this law first came out, my ex mother in law totally abused it. She never put her heating on. Her house would provide a good environment for eskimo’s. to store their catch that they have hunted that day.  But when the free heating came into action, she could grow tomatoes and win competitions with them.  

 Even in the summer she would have her heating on fully. Shocking. Now she was very well off. Her and my ex Father in law were jut mean. So, should she have received free heating? I don’t believe so. Someone who doesn’t have much money? Yes absolutely.

 

Then some would say if people worked hard and my ex’s parents did, surely, they should be entitled to the same as everyone? Well then to make it totally fair should no one get free heating? The Government are kind in giving anything free. We as humans think we have a right but we don’t. it’s sad that people are just not more grateful for receiving anything for nothing. I have read of late about a mother who has ten children and she is complaining that her house with four bedrooms is not big enough. Well if I had that many children, I would make sure I could afford to look after them. It’s again different if you have loads of children. You can provide for them and then lose your job. But this mother never worked. But kept having children.

 

If you have paid off your mortgage and have thousands in your bank, why should you get anything free? May be some kind of pat on the back for working hard  all your life, but those who also have worked hard but not earned half as much as you and have never been able to afford to buy a house, I feel my opinion that they are more entitled to free heating and TV licences. Just saying!

 

It’s the same for those who are blind. Again, it should be means tested. This Government are the kindest to those who are blind I feel. We are fortunate to live in this country but we don’t always appreciate it.

 

No comments: