translate

Wednesday 26 June 2019

ICE FOR THE DRINKS LOVE? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hub and I had a lovely Anniversary. He brought me beautiful flowers that filled two vases and played the piano for me. I have told him no way he is selling that. And he agreed. Few. Thank goodness and he actually enjoyed playing. For me, oh it was amazing. He is so talented. I just sat in the chair and relaxed. I bought him a keyring it’s a lucky penny with the date of our wedding on. I said it was so he never forgets the date but then after Hub paused for a while, I realised well it could say anything on that coin how would he know? Haha. It has a heart on it too. We received cards from some dear people who just never forget us. And that is special in itself. It was a lovely evening then we watched some TV. So, join me with our telly night.

 

 Well you couldn’t make this up. So, a girl her sister and Mum were on an emergency program. And their names? Wait for this one.

Mother was or is, Maria,

Oldest sister Leigha

And younger sister Tear

So, Maria, Leigha and Tear.

Oh. My.

 

Then the same medical program where a lady had a stroke. Oh, the hospitals in our country can be amazing and the medics who treat her saved her life. They were simply brilliant. I have nothing but admiration for medics who do their best to save lives. Emergency services Police and fire fighters are the best and really should be respected. I just don’t understand those who don’t think of them as absolute heroes.

 

Well we are down to two men for our next PM in the UK. One is a weak limp Lettice and the other is a crazy wild wire who enjoys making busses from wooden carts and painting people on them

Hahaha. And the one I hope will win will be the bus creator. At least he has fight in his belly. But hopefully not enough fight to take us to war. But just enough to get us out of Europe. As we are all so fed up of hearing about it as I am sure Europe are too. And if we are successful, then watch the collapse of the European union soon.

 

My Husband away again overnight soon with work. It’s every week now. but today he’s working from home.

 

I was to go out today and I was so close to cancelling everything, but my Hub persuaded me to go and I had to think, how can I wimp out on this when he does so much and has done more? Being blind is so scary, but he copes so, I have to at least seem like I am trying.

 

So, I went and it was an interesting journey, being where I had to be was lovely, the women I saw are brilliant. We did our business and had a lovely intelligent conversation and then the journey home, it was not a good one, and I did wonder how I could call for help without being seen or heard I was doing so, but thank goodness all went alright in the end and I got back without a need to call

 9 9 9

 But it did involve talking with a very scary man.

 

On my return, my Hubs dog was so loving so happy to see me. Bless him. Hub says he is so needy. The dog that is, not Hub. Though, it has been known. Haha.

 

Little Fella did what he always does, sits begs putting two paws on your lap, then he twists his body to go sideways and slowly climbs up so his paws are around your shoulders. I try to sneak a cuddle from LF before Hub hears his bells as when he knows that Little Fella has half climbed up on my knee, he gets told off. So, we try to have quite sneaky huggles without the bells around his collar giving us away.

 

 I made lunch and Hub took a ten-minute break and I thought about what is for tonight for Hub to eat, but so far, done nothing about it. Well they say it’s the thought that counts.

 

In the news I hope it calms down with America and Iran. I don’t want to see another war.

In Rome it’s reported that the city has ran out of room for its rubbish/garbage.

Urine tests can reviel whether or not men have prostrate cancer five years earlier than before. This is a great headline. As if caught in time lives are saved.

A medical headline that isn’t as good, a chemical found in soap and other toiletries, is linked to osteoporosis in women. Women found with higher levels of triclosan which has been linked with bowel cancer are more likely to have the bone disease.

 

On further reading, the chemical is also found in clothes and toys. Wow, scary. America are flying the flag and removing it from some products but the UK are still to be educated. The study was published in the journal of Clinical Endocrinology and metabolism.

Try saying that after two coffees.

 

The best restaurant in the world has been voted as Mirazur their menu is said to be inspired by the sea and mountains near the town of menton East of Monaco on the French/Italian border.

But this place of course doesn’t come in a normal person’s budget. For a lunch,

£143 or 160 euros

 

Not sure I will be eating there if I am ever lucky enough to go there on holiday….

I would love to know, just how much the food actually costs to make? Is the price because of the name and the fact they were voted best in the world? Like clothes that are made in the same factories, just with different labels on, a t/shirt can cost £10 from one shop but stick a label on it and charge £60 from another shop. I mean, a fish is a fish, a tomato is a tomato?

 

And finally, the heat wave we are getting told we are having, personally I’m thinking someone has transported my body to another world as it’s only 13C here today, but they tell us it’s on its way and in fact some parts of our country are already sampling the temperatures. But in France I’m sure not in the above restaurant, as they will have the best air conditioning. But real France they are offering advice how to keep cool at bed time…. Now with all the tech we have in our world this bit of advice will make you smile….

 

Place your pyjamas in the freezer before bed….

Em, there will be the problem of how the heckers will we get them on? Surely, they will be more like a flat stiff sheet? Well mine might be like a sheet, yours will be more like a pillowcase. Haha. And can you imagine if we forget to get the nice cool ones out? Next day for dinner….

Leave it to me love….

I’ve got this one…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: