translate

Saturday 15 June 2019

I TRIED (WARNING VERY DARK) #PoetryByFionaCummings


I TRIED

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

He left me again

Though he knew I was in such pain

He’s confirmed all my fears

As I drowned in my tears

A cut to my throat

Trying to sink but I float

As if by torture I survive

Why am I alive?

I can’t describe

What hell I’m in

There must be huge words

But they come out so thin

What I say doesn’t come near

To how I’m feeling right now

There must be an answer

But to find it how?

I’m not a chancer

I can’t take a risk

My life is in a mixing bowl

And stirring is a rusty whisk

Deep down in this hole

Where I just fit

It’s as black as coal

It’s damp where I sit

No one hears my screams

Nightmares replace dreams

I just ask why

As I try to see the sky

But earth falls on top of me

Suffocating

As if being buried alive

Excruciating

God knows I’ve tried

Exhausted by hurt

I sleep with the dirt

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: