translate

Thursday 6 June 2019

INSPIRATIONAL DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. It’s half past four and this is the first time I have had to get to my lap top. I have had a beautiful day meeting up with my lovely friend for lunch. As I passed our first school today full of screaming laughing taunting children, a little girl came rushing to the fence. Now, I put my make up on before leaving as my friend is a real beauty so tall and thin too and only wears designer clothes. You know the kind, Simon Cowel brilliant white teeth and amazing fingernails that have been nowhere near a scrubbing brush. She’s stunning. So, I do try…. This little girl shouted hello. Followed by…. bare in mind at this stage I am anxious of what my make up looks like? Even my hair as I tied it up in an unusual way today… she continued….

“You look sparkly!””””””””

Oh, I replied. Okay, well, what else could I say. In my head I’m thinking, heck, have I gone overboard with the bronzing powder? She continued. How old are you? Hahahaha. Well, I replied immediately regretting what fell from my mouth.

“How old do you think I am?””

At that point I’m thinking please don’t answer that and what on earth did I ask that for? she replied.

“41?”

I replied with a smile…. That will do. Oh, you are such a clever girl…. I think you are going to be a brain surgeon when you grow up. Haha. And walked away at speed. Well as speedy as the fifi can go.

 

On my way back, they were all out again.  How many breaks these children have? I was thinking, I hope she isn’t there saying. Actually lady, I meant 61 earlier…. few she was not at the fence.

 

It’s been a lovely day. I love my friend. We get on so well. It’s always a pleasure to see her. Sadly, that will be it for another six weeks.

 

Out tonight with our friends and that will be lovely too. Then a very quiet weekend. Our Son is away meeting with a old couple they met on holiday. Well old to them. They are in their forties. A little odd as our Son is 22 and Sham, his girlfriend is just turned 20. But their choice. Hub suggested he and I went out for a meal. It’s soon our wedding anniversary. We may just do that.

 

If you are feeling flat, tired or just need a pick up. Here are some positive quotes I hope you will enjoy.

The grass is greener where you water it. In other words, it’s up to you to try to make life better.

Wherever life plants you, bloomed with grace. so, you could be the prettiest flower budding among nettles and long grass. But still, you are stunning and have so much pleasure to give for whoever is passing at the right time.

An arrow can only go forward by pulling it backwards. So, if you feel you are being pulled back, then you are getting ready to launch forward in life.

The sun is a reminder that we too can be bright again, we can rise from the darkness, we too can shine that bright light.

Learn from yesterday, live for today and have hope for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day to start how you want. A breath and a smile. Enjoy the small things like a bird song and the fragrance of the flowers outside of your window.

 

Take care cos I care.

 

 

 

No comments: