translate

Friday 21 June 2019

DIARY TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


For those who are so kind to leave comments on my blog page, I really appreciate them and do publish them but for whatever reason, I can not answer. I could, but now can’t. so, need to get that sorted as I love feedback and you keeping in touch.

 

You know when you are a Mum of a young baby and you somehow can’t be cool as whenever you open your handbag, baby wipes or nappies/diapers or poo bags drop out? Well as a writer I had something really serious and important to write for someone this afternoon and I spent most of what I wrote with a huge dog toy on my knee, along with my lap top. The subject I was writing about is for a university and is really serious. I have to go into another person to write it. I’m just glad I wasn’t on a skype call….

 

My Husband is on his way home now from a very long day in my hometown of Newcastle. He will eat some dinner then turn on his heal as we go out with our friends. Bless him. But it’s almost the weekend.

 

Next week our piano is being sold. I will be sad to see it go but it holds memories of a messy past from life before Hub and myself. And we are eliminating all of our bad past, so it’s going. But my Husband has played the piano since he was tiny though he hasn’t played for so long now it’s just collecting dust for me to remove. We will have loads more room without it that’s for sure as it’s huge. Our Sons guitars are also upstairs doing nothing. Sadly, he won’t play them either. He has lost interest. So, I guess it’s just up to me to sing…. perhaps if I give that to them as a threat, they will start to play again?

 

Oh, I have had such a really bad diet today. I need to get a grip. I have had the worst food on the planet for gaining weight. I won’t embarrass myself to say what I have had, but it involved 2,700 calories.

 

I really need to step up my exercise my girl Friday will take me through my route this weekend but during the week I need to go on the treadmill. Right now, there is something on our treadmill. Bags of soil and slate for our garden….  Whenever I have the thought of exercise, I just lay down until that thought goes away.

 

I read something rather worrying today. Young people are growing odd spikes on their skulls with using mobile phones. Gosh. That’s bad.

 

I was also reading that more and more of us are going vegan. The environmental and ethical case for a diet free of all animal product, is compelling.

 

Eating industrial animals is not good. Not good for our planet or ourselves as the animals are pumped with horrific chemicals. No wonder cancer is on the horizon. And apart from that, the way in which the poor animals are treat is just unacceptable. I certainly have had my eyes opened for a better expression, since my Son became a vegan. If we think we are doing good by buying organic milk and eggs, we need to do more research.

 

You can buy vegan milk, butter and yogurts and there is more food out there now for vegans than ever before. If you are thinking about becoming vegan, I would suggest going vegetarian first. Though you can buy dairy free products including cheese, I just find it so hard to give up on my kind of cheese and chocolate. But I have nothing but admiration for those who are vegans.

It’s funny isn’t it the only time people ask you about protein is when you go vegan? Like they care any other time?

 

I read some funny quotes today first one from Mae West. By the way, I have never seen the name Mae, spelled like that? For those using screen readers, M. A. E.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough””

Woody Allen

“I’m not afraid of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens””

Benjamin Franklin

“Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company””

 

And finally, I would like to wish a very

Happy birthday to John, Kim and a lovely young man and new Dad Dave.

Until later.

No comments: