translate

Monday 24 June 2019

THE HOUSE #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE HOUSE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The house surrounded by hills

A pathway of golden daffodils

Weeping willows

Framed the wooden windows

Old oaks with bent branches

Gave shade to rickety benches

A place to wrest

To watch the doves

It was the best

A house i loved

A trickling stream

A perfect dream

The honeysuckle

A tap that trickled

The house I visited

My bedroom was beautiful

Country roses

Polished wood floor

Carved butterflies

Around the door

A log fires

In the sitting room

Freshly cooked bread and scones from the kitchen

On my lap I would sit with the newest kitten

By night I would look at the stars

And the silver moon

So clear

Nothing in the way

And oh, the sun

On fine days

Beautiful blooms

I can’t remember

 A dark damp November

But pure icy nights

And spring hours that went by

A beautiful sky

With marshmallow clouds

And smells so sweet

Horses trotted past

In the cobbled street

A river ran fast

And fish they did jump

Ducklings so plump

And frogs on Lilly pads

Nothing at this house could have made me sad

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: