translate

Thursday 13 June 2019

ON ANOTHER BAY @PoetryByFionaCummings



BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Take me there just one more time

Where the ocean waved and the rocks, we climbed

I can feel the sand

In between my toes

Where you held my hand

As we collected shells

Where the hours go

No one knows

The fresh smells

Of the salty spray

Makes the sunshine

All day

Take me there just one more time

Where we can’t be sad

We feel so fine

Where the gulls do fly

In the yolky sky

Where we ate ice creams

And planned our dreams

Where you held me tight

At the start of the night

As the stars gave us light

And the moon seems so bright

Take me there just one more time

Where we made that promise

That I will forever be yours

And you mine

Where we carved our names

And played beach games

Where we were so young

And knew how to have fun

Take me there just one more time

I may not be able to walk along the beach

All the fun may be out of reach

But we can still remember

We can talk over

Our dreams we achieved

Does it seem that long ago

When we were young

Where life was heading

We didn’t know

Now where life has gone

That we did share

But not for long

As we understand

But when I’m gone remember when you held my hand

When we ran along the sand

When we had no hassles

Where we made sand castles

We had such ideas

What we wanted in life

You placed a ring on my finger

And made me your wife

Let the fragrance of the beach linger

In our memories

As our fears

Are coming closer

We soon are to say goodbye

Don’t cry

Don’t grieve

Believe

That I’m all around you

Up in the sky so blue

The sun so bright

The inky night

Take me there again

Know I will be out of pain

Life will never be the same

But we will find each other again

One day

On another bay

Our love will never go away

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: