translate

Monday 3 June 2019

WHO IS SHE #PoetryByFionaCummings


WHO IS SHE?

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Never met, an yet

I love her

How can this be

Who is she to me?

She is in my heart

Though birth did part

Our paths never crossed

Over hilltops covered in frost

Salted seas and leafy lanes

We didn’t even know each other’s names

Just by chance

We did dance

And took a step in life

Some would say a risk

But an opportunity I didn’t want to miss

And now she knows

Who I am?

Like a precious rose

She is to me

I seem to understand

I just feel her every laugh and tear

I’m happy when she is, and sad when she’s worried

I wish she was near

Our years are so hurried

I need them to stay still

I hope one day she will be as proud of me

As I am of her

Right now, I’m climbing that hill

She is standing at the top

I feel like I am going to drop

Further away from her

 And it’s took this long to get this far

Yet we share the same moon, in the sky

The same shining star

Hands together I do ask

To share my love and remove my mask

I don’t know my next step

This is such a delicate task

If only she knew how much I had to offer

Waisted years when we didn’t bother

I hope soon can be resolved

And we can be as one

She will know the words to my song

And we will just feel as if we have always belonged

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: