translate

Monday 17 June 2019

THE RIGHT JEWELLERY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


The right Jewellery

Have you ever been in a situation where you have your dress sorted for a special occasion, you don’t need to buy jewellery because in your box at home, you have loads, but when the time comes, everything even your underwear is perfectly picked to pair up with your footwear, but then it comes to the part you thought would be the easiest. Jewellery. Hmm. What goes with what?

 

Just because jewellery is expensive, doesn’t mean it will compliment every outfit. You can decorate yourself in jewels with the plainest dress and it will look good or you can spoil a perfectly beautiful dress by wearing the wrong jewellery.

 

It’s said that if you have an oval face, you should pick triangular earrings. If you have a heart shaped face then drop earrings without dangly bits on the end, just a simple drop.

For a plain look that can be classy, wear one or two rings and if you have a plain outfit, then you can jazz up with your statement rings. A blain black V neck dress for example can look really sophisticated with drop different coloured jewel earrings and multi coloured rings. But if you are wearing dots or patterns, then I would go for more simple rings either plain silver or gold.

 

Rubies on top of a dark blue like a navy outfit, would look so lovely, imagine that navy blue with the reds. If you are stuck on what jewels to buy, stick with diamonds. You can’t go wrong with them and they look amazing with a T/shirt and jeans, or a party dress. Your office suit or even a bathing costume. Diamonds really are a girl’s best friend and I think men look great in them too.

 

Personally, I like pearls on other people rather than me. I feel too pail skinned for them but what I do like to see, in my head of course, is pearls with aqua or blues so the colours of the sea.

 

Buying other people jewellery is really a challenge I find. As jewellery is so personal. So, I do try to avoid that and I really don’t like receiving jewellery from friends/family, though I do have to say my Son and Husband buy the loveliest jewellery for me. But I guess that is because they know what I like. And that is small jewels by the way, I don’t like huge stones, I like very delicate stones. And I’m tall and look like I have had a feast or seven too many, but still small jewels I prefer.

 

If you are very small in height, then personally I would wear small jewellery as I would imagine that large stones would make you look smaller. For me personally less is best. And my favourite stone is a diamond. I love them. I don’t like wearing yellow gold as I’m so fair skinned, so silver or platinum I prefer. People with dark skin are fortunate as they look great in all kinds of jewellery I feel.

 

I love men in jewellery. In fact, it was me who persuaded my Son to get his ear pierced when he was about 13. To my Husbands horror. My Husband has dark hair and skin he has a Spanish look about him so he looks lovely in all coloured jewellery but sadly he hardly wears it. He has a couple of rings including his wedding ring, and some watches. He would like a chain, but we haven’t yet found one suitable as he wants a really thick one and they are so expensive. And the ones I have seen are so boring!

 

I wonder why we feel like we need things around our neck, wrists, fingers and ankles? Around 15 BC, Greek people started to make jewellery by winding wires, and beads shaped like animals were used too and shells to make necklaces etc. and in 1600 Greek people started using gems and golds. But wearing jewellery started long before that with the Neanderthals who wore ostrich eggs made into beads, from a huge 40,000 years ago.

 

There are still places in the world where people wear jewellery rather than clothing.  Personally, I think I shall stick with wearing clothes and possibly jewels to decorate them.

 For everyones best interest.

No comments: