translate

Friday 14 June 2019

THE MIRROR OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE MIRROR OF LIFE

Something beautiful I read today.

“movement is birthed in the soul and lived in the actions of life. the ocean calls us with the steadiness of its tide and the dance of the waves. A reminder to never stop moving, even though we do pause each day to reflect and remember why we are moving in the first place.”

 

Now I’m sure I haven’t written that down exactly how it was written, but you get the general idea, I hope?

 

Writing is so like art; you read it and translate into whatever you wish. That is what I love about words. People paint their own pictures from your art. And sometimes the readers are transformed into another wonderful world or a world they may never wish to go, perhaps they are grateful that they have never been to your place or they may want to read on to find out where the location is so they too can visit?

 

Maybe they are left confused with words written by a mind that is as far away from reality on those pages at that time than even they realise.

 

Reflections, directions, are words that we all do and experience. We all go in our own directions sometimes we head the same way and realise we have so much in common and other times we travel along our own pathway in life and meet in the middle with those we were born to meet either in this world or, another before ours!

 

Reflection on time today, I can’t believe where the past three years have gone. Why three years? Why that particular number? Not sure to be honest but it started a few days ago. It was my friend’s wedding anniversary and she had been married three years. No, not a chance I thought, it’s been a year, surely? I spoke with her and my reminder was correct. Three years. Oh, it scared me. I felt as if I had a hole in life and somehow, I had gone down it and was swallowed up by the God of time. Seriously, I really truly believed it was last year, not 2016!

 

How can that happen? I mean we all say, no, it’s never been ten years? Or fifteen years, but I have never before been shocked that three years, such a short number has gone by without me taking time out to recognise that time that I have lost or that is going by so fast and what has happened in between to my mind?

 

Is it a sign of getting older? Will it be months soon then weeks then days that will turn into hours?

 

Perhaps the universe is an empty mirror. It goes on forever and the older we get the mirror becomes more distant but we understand that sheet of glass disguised as the mirror of life.

 

Directions of life. which route will we take? Will it be the right one? We are meant to guide our children to the right road, we are not meant to build it for them. And then they must take their own pathway even if we see them going the wrong way. The wrong direction. It’s the most difficult thing of being a parent. Even if there are flames ahead, we have to let them burn. How can we love our children but allow them to take that dangerous path in life?

 

We may discover a philosophical way of living by encountering a world by collecting all knowledge from every resource we can take in as much information our brains can store, but at the end of the day, we have to move and make our own decisions right or wrong. But thinking reverently about life.

 

Why are we hear? Why were we put on earth? For whom were we born? And who is guiding us? That mirror, we look into it, see nothing but our own reflection. What happens if we no longer see our reflection? Is it more difficult for those who are blind to know which path to take in life without some kind of intervention from a higher body? How do we as people who are blind see the road ahead? How do we see the turns to take in life!

No comments: