translate

Wednesday 19 June 2019

THE FAITH PLANT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Changes

When I was out today, I got talking to a lady who asked me what do I think life will be like in 20 years’ time? When I got back home, my Husband is working from home. Normally he is using his lap top and it’s so quiet, but he had a load of notes to write for his meeting tomorrow, so out comes his Perkins Brailler. He would be lost without his skill with Braille. During meetings he can’t use speech from a lap top and hear people’s questions at the same time. Also, like writing notes, Braille is the only way to go if you are unable to see print.

  

Firstly, what is a Perkins Brailler? It’s a typewriter with the key corresponding to each of the six dots of the Braille code, a space key, a backspace and a line space. Like a manual typewriter, you feed a special kind of paper into the knobs at the side which advances paper into the machine and a carriage lever above the keys.

 

Can you imagine for a second, there are only six keys for all of the 26 letters of our alphabet? I think people who know Braille are so clever. I do try some would say I am very trying. I can write most letters but struggle to read it. Though manage a basic instruction like on tablets for example. All our medicine now days in the UK has to be in Braille.

 

Well sadly it makes such a noise but I can remember my typing days at school and college. Gosh that typing pool was so noisy. Can you remember those days? We seem to forget as we now have such silent equipment. Hearing Hub today just reminded me of the noisy office days but if he had to use Braille now in his offices, gosh it would be ridiculously noisy, though we live in a much louder world now, the actual office work place seems to be quieter.

 

Whilst I was out today, that certainly wasn’t quiet. Oh, my goodness. It was hell out there today. I must say, I really didn’t enjoy my outing. It was one of those days full of horrid stupid people. Apart from the one lady I spoke with when I got to my destination.

 

I learned a lot today about someone I know. That person is off my Christmas card list for sure in fact the way I feel about her busy body person right now, I really don’t want to see her ever again. Thankfully she isn’t a friend but a friend of my friend. And I feel for my friend, for having such a person in her life.

 

On my way back home, I came across more people who just annoyed me. Perhaps it’s just the mood I’m in. firstly a builder or workman of some kind apologised saying my dog was taking me onto the road because he had his van parked on the path. Well, I said, cars are meant to be on the road, not the path, I asked him did he think it was safe for me to walk onto the road to get past his van? He said…

“Darling do you want me to help you?””

Now poor man was being nice. Just he got the wrong side of me. I replied. Yes, sure thank you, that’s kind. On my return, make sure your van is parked off the path that is meant for pedestrians.

 

On my return, it was moved. So, Thanks Darling!!!

 

As I turned a very noisy corner to the road of hell, there was a rather vocal dog, you know the kind that when they bark, they bark from the back of their throat? Oh, I wasn’t going to risk my Waggs getting hurt, so I stood still. Well she continued talking with an elderly lady. The one with the barking dog, asked me. What would you like me to do? I asked her nicely to keep her dog tight and move to one side till I got passed.  She replied. Do you want me to go onto the road? I replied, no, just on the grass please. I mean, it was her dog kicking off, not mine. Well as I passed the woman, the lady to my left said, oh, your dog wants to talk to mine…. So, she had one too but her dog was a peaceful one and my Waggatail just calmly walked past even though the other dog was giving the verbal’s. I was proud of her. I think if that had been the Little Fella, he wouldn’t have been so polite to the nasty dog and its cheeky owner.

 

On a funny note, I also got told today whilst out, it was nice to see my arms. Hahaha. Seriously, the things people say? OK I knew her, but it’s just something I wouldn’t say to anyone. And, yes, I have been in jumpers a lot this year, but its been piggin freezing.

 

Well I’m home now, I have had a lovely lunch. Going to do some housework now. quiet stuff as I said, Hub is working from home. I have watered all of my plants. And I have loads. My conservatory gets so hot, they dry up quickly. So, yesterday I touched on my tomato plants. My neighbour asked me if I would like some as she had too many.

Oh, we eat so many tomato’s in our house. Yes please. Oh, heck, does that mean I have to care for them? Other than watering? Yep, well I hope my lovely girl Friday will help me when I next see her. Bless her. She has many skills, not sure if replanting tomato plants is part of her skills. But we will learn soon enough. When I got them over a week ago, they were about three inches. Now, four. Haha. Wow… but they need to be re potted. And a cane put in them. And more. So, let’s see if we get any produce from them. I really hope so. I admire those of you who grow food.

 

In my mind of unconsciousness, I have green fingers, but in reality, the only things that are green are my eyes with envy for those who can grow things.

 

And finally, before I go.

Have faith in yourself. Focus on your character, not your reputation. Stop worrying about what you can’t control and give energy to what you can, create.

Have a positive heart and a grateful mind and throw away negativity like the rubbish it is and start to discipline your mind to think positively. Now, that isn’t easy, I know it believe me, I also know on the days when I do feel positive, it’s like a light going on in my heart. I hope you find that light today and at least once in every day. X

 

 

No comments: