translate

Sunday 16 June 2019

FATHERSDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Father’s Day

Our Son gave his Dad a lovely gift and beautiful card with his own words that really did touch my Husbands heart. Our Son has a gift with words and these were no exception. Other than that, it’s been a quiet day. The weather is awful. Sunny hot windy then pouring with rain. Tonight, it’s going to be cold. This is meant to b our summer. It’s depressing.

 

Soon the start of another busy week where my Husband is covering all of his offices. I’m not at all sure what this week has install for me. Nothing planned that’s for sure. So, I think it may be a long one. Though I want to try to get out whilst there may be a rain free break and clean our windows. How exciting. Why can I not be in the South of France sitting next to the sea with the waft of lavender writing my next novel? With only the breaks from the ocean and a Baguette bought from the early morning market!

 

One day if my dream comes true, that lady in France will be me. Anyone who has that lifestyle, do you know how envious I am of you? To be a writer to be able to write in such beautiful surroundings, wow. What words could be written. My mind could escape into a world I have never been.

 

To all the good Dads out there, happy Father’s Day. And to all the Mums who play the part of Mum and Dad, happy Parents’ Day to you. With love. X

No comments: