translate

Wednesday 2 May 2018

STRESSED DOT COM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


You have no idea the frustration I’m going through right now. I have a decorator coming in six weeks. Before he comes I need to pick a wallpaper, and paint which matches. I need a new throw at least one and that needs to match too. I bought a throw from Amazon, our savour in most cases, but when it came just like other things we have bought from there, it wasn’t the colour I hoped for. my Son took me to a local shop to buy a throw, see if I could get a colour suitable, then I can take it to that paint shop and say match that. But I drove him crazy apparently. Because I was like a rabbit in headlights. There were colours said to me and I tried to see them in my mind and I just couldn’t. I couldn’t remember the colours it’s twenty years since I saw colour and my memory is sadly fading. Oh, it’s so difficult. I need a new wall light and ceiling light too. The ceiling light we have in our sitting room where it’s going to be decorated, has been there since we moved here. Hub hates it. It’s black metal. As for the wall light? The electrician put it on upside down. It’s a candle and it’s pointing downwards. And it’s never worked properly. It’s bad enough going to have to move all of my ornaments, and there are many, pictures asking the painter not to remove the nails, as it cost a fortune to get them put on the wall. But to find an electrician who is reliable and who will come, then to have to sort out the colours.

 

When I went to the shop that sold throws, this was my choice. Bright pink that in my opinion is sickly or belongs to a baby girl. Baby blue, again, a baby or a bedroom. Red. No. navy blue, no again too dark just as the dark green was and the light green my Son said looked like sick… or there was bright yellow. Too light. Silver and different versions of grey, no thank you. Our sofa will be black I can’t think of anything more depressing then black and grey. It’s like school days.  Bright orange. I love that colour but not on a living room wall. Duck egg which again sounds beautiful like a bright greeny blue. Again, for a bedroom beautiful. Even a kitchen. And browns. Not with a black sofa, oh, then there was dark and light purple. Again, I’m not a goth. Black and purple?

 

Because I said no to all of those colours, I was being awkward. And stressing my Son out. Well he is taking me today to buy paint. I don’t have a throw to take. I don’t know what colour to pick. I don’t have an electrician for the lights. The websites are dreadful with regards descriptions. I asked my Son to take a look at the website I had up today and he said it wasn’t showing pictures of the lights. Well our internet went down yesterday and today I noticed that only some of my Apps on my phone are working, so whether that has something to do with it or is it my software on my lap top that helps me to hear the words written in front of me? Not sure. All I know is I’m totally stressed. I feel like time is catching up with me and I just don’t know what to do.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t care and just go for cream again. I mean at least that goes with everything, but how boring and it’s not practical with two dogs. But I guess they are not going to climb up the walls, unlike me, if I can’t get this sorted.

 

At least I have a link now to a website that is recommended for local tradesmen who have a good reputation. I will look at that today and pray it’s accessible with my software!

 

Last night we had wash car gate. Both Boy Wonder and Shamrock were using our pressure washer to clean their cars. At nine in the evening. In the bitter cold. I think the novelty will wear off soon. BW’s still in love with his new car.

 

My Son today wound me up as well. I bought him some sweet bagels. He asked for them. The shopping was delivered yesterday. I told him he could have those for breakfast with his awful chocolate spread. Or, I said we have blueberry bagels he could have with cream cheese. I said there was a tin of beans in the fridge that I opened yesterday he could have with his veg bacon and there were bread rolls to go with that. He ate the sweet bagels with his spread, made his bacon and two eggs and put them into the blueberry bagels with, cream cheese. I said Son, please I have to make the food last a week. Why do you need to eat everything at once? He replied am I not allowed breakfast? Yes, but blueberry bagels with cream cheese, or, bread rolls with bacon and eggs, or, sweet bagels with spread. Well, he replied, it’s not my fault you don’t have bread…

Oh, my goodness.

He hugged me though and told me he loves me so much. That makes it all right then, but when there isn’t anything for breakfast in a couple of days, it’s not my fault. And yesterdays shopping? Oh, Sainsbury’s I am not a fan because of the way you work, as in I put things in my basket. And without warning, did you know, that your shopping can come and it can be £10 more, because the prices since you put them in your basket a couple of days earlier, have gone up… other shops tell you how long the items are on offer not Sainsbury’s. so, yesterday, I ordered my Son Almond milk. For vegetarians. (I milk the poor cow) well, not me personally, but I drink the smallest amount of milk. I wish I didn’t but I can’t get away with the almond milk. So, I ordered our boy wonder two bottles of this milk but two totally different makes, so, if one was out of stock, as Sainsbury’s is good at things being out of stock, then I can rely on the other one to be in stock.

Hmm

When my shopping came, both bottles, both brands apparently were out of stock. So, there is a third and forth choice of brands, did they send them? Nope!

 

I have a heavy feeling in my stomach today, like knots. I need to get out for a walk across a lovely field or along a beach. No chance of that happening, so I shall get my vacuum out.

Somehow, I’m not sure that will relieve the stress but it will remove the dog hairs. Later gators.

 

No comments: