translate

Friday 4 May 2018

GOOD NEWS AND BAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I’m about to dash off to see some friends. But before I go an announcement. Firstly, Happy Birthday Ian for today

 

Today my Son was offered his promotion. The job he went for interview a couple of weeks ago and yesterday he went as one of the final three to actually work there so, his new boss could pick who she wanted. My Son is happy but very anxious. Of course, he will be expected to do so much work he hasn’t had training for as in paperwork. But he’s a fast learner and his Dad and I are very proud of him. He’s only 21 and a couple of months and he has reached assistant manager. I still wish he was a school teacher though. Smile.

I have one more wish for him and I pray to God it comes true very soon. I hope that by the end of this year there is more change in our lives for the better. This year as said goodbye to some rubbish and Hub and I are very happy about this. And other things have changed this year with Hubs job I’m not quite so delighted about that but for him personally he’s just proven how brilliantly clever he is. 

 

We had a dreadful occurrence in our avenue of all sorts yesterday and I must say, it has shook some residence.

 

I heard an alarm go off a couple of streets away. Of course, I took no notice. And some hours later another house alarm went off but this time in our street. Very close. Too close for comfort. Then I heard loads of voices. When Hub came home from work, he said he was told there were three police vans on our road two doors away. Oh, gosh, that couple haven’t lived here as long as us, so the newbies as most people who live here have lived here for ages some since the houses were built 27 years ago.

 

So, this is what happened. My neighbour was driving back home down our road and saw a tall young person with their cap pulled right over their face and my other neighbour saw the same person knocking at the door of these new people.  Well he must have knocked and gone around the back of the house as he smashed the back door in, got blood everywhere and sprayed it with disinfectant, had a look around and left calmly walking past our neighbours. During the day lunch time. The scary thing was, there was a car in the drive. What if those people were on nightshift and were sleeping? In the house? What if that person answered the door? Oh, my goodness.

 

Well the police chased someone they even sent out a drone. They caught the sinful person I presume a man thank goodness arrested him but I fear his time behind bars won’t be enough.

 

The police say that they are sure he was looking for car keys.  I guess to steel for order. So at least he didn’t pinch any possessions etc. but the poor lady came home and was so upset and this individual has another neighbour so afraid. Not that the person concerned the criminal, will be bothered, but these people are sisters, Mothers and Grandparents. I normally would say how would the criminal feel if he thought of his family members being so afraid they can’t sleep? But I don’t think most criminals have any morels or heart, no kindness at all, so it’s pointless even trying to get them to think like that because if they did think in such a way, they wouldn’t do what they do!

 

 Well it’s a long weekend for us as Monday is our Bank Holiday. Whatever you are doing this weekend, enjoy. Before I go some words.

“Do not take life seriously as you will not get out of it alive…”

Elbert Hubberd

“Everywhere is within walking distance, if you have the time.””

Steven Write

“celebrate your success, find some humour in your failures.””

Sam Walton


Fiona Cummings

“Follow your heart but remember to take your mind with you.”

Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: