translate

Tuesday 1 May 2018

300,000 AND CONTROVERSIAL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


So, this blog may be considered controversial. It’s my opinion. I’m asked the questions and I will answer them as truthfully as possible. People don’t have to read my blogs, and today I saw that over 300,000 views to my page so plenty of you are reading, and you know every few days I write about something we will not all agree with, but again, the world is very different and that is how I am going to end my blog today, a little further down the page. In the meanwhile, thank you all for coming back and reading what I have to say and thank you for all of your lovely words. Your emails are very welcoming. I love to hear your success stories and your dreams, your ambitions and the strength that some of you have received over the past few years it’s fantastic.

 

When I started to write my blogs as I have said many times before, I never thought more than a few people would read them. And here we are well over sixty countries and 300 thousand views. You ask I answer. You read, I write. There are less than a handful of haters who insist on reading my blogs and for this I am grateful as they provide the entertainment. And there are thousands of good genuine people who read write to me and tell me about your lives. For you I write.

 

But first. Typical it’s a sunny day not hot enough to sit out but warm enough to hang washing out and I’m waiting in for our shopping. My clothes are sitting in my washing machine waiting for the sun when if the shopping doesn’t hurry, it may find itself in the dryer.

 

Though I took my Waggatail out twice yesterday, she was hyper all day and today is proving to be full of energy too. Not sure if it’s because The Little Fella has been away and he normally tires her out as does Hub he gets them wild. Well as wild as LF will get, he normally sits there all regal looking barking telling his Dad off for teasing Waggs. But Waggs loves the rough play. I was told when I got her that the rougher the better and she loved to play with the big boys in the pens. I wouldn’t care, she is so small. Hub is out of breath when he is finished with her. He chases her and runs off with her toys throwing them for her and she brings her ragger to him where as I have to leave go as Waggs is too strong for me Hub can hang on and rag as hard as she does. It’s so funny she will play Hub will sit down shattered and Waggs comes to him for more. He plays again and then she has to give up. She goes to lay down and sleeps as if to power sleep then wakes up and goes back to her Dad for another session. By this point Hub and I are watching TV but that doesn’t stop the Wagging one as she will hook her toy that’s a ring on Hubs foot and pulls like mad. So, she has had none of that for a couple of days and I am sure Hub will be too tired tonight to play. So, it will have to wait until tomorrow night.

 

My Son has gone to the beach today. With Sham. It’s miles away. And it’s forecast to be cold there if he had stayed here in this area it’s so much warmer. But the fresh air will do him good. I just pray he will drive sensibly. I do not like his new car. It’s far too fast far too quick. It goes from nothing to so many miles per hour in three seconds. Why? Unless you are needing to get away in a hurry…

 

I had such a great chat with a very good friend yesterday. I so badly wish we lived closer. I have so much admiration for her. She’s also blind and is so amazing. And funny. She makes me smile.

 

So, first subject a Blogget has asked me to write about  

Different cultures living together.

Some of the topics I get asked to write about are not ones you would want to start at a party. Here go todays.

Can totally different cultures live as happy neighbours who get on well? Gosh, firstly, I’m not so sure I have experience in this subject I can only say my neighbours to my right are immigrants and have a strong Muslim faith. And to my left are the most amazing neighbours from India. We have spoken to one of many of the children to my right and he was adorable. I’m not keen on the gatherings they have in what seems to be their shed. They have a large house and so many men’s voices can be heard from what seems to be a garden shed. I could be wrong it could be the back room of their house. They are quiet apart from the weekly gathering. My neighbours to my left are so polite. We have been out to dinner with them had BBQ’s and just spoken to them in general. When we moved here, they were the first to send us a welcome card. They are quite respectful and intelligent. But they try to fit in with the society I know. They dress like those from the UK, but their food smells are definitely not English. Some days I am starving for what they are cooking. So, I can hardly say they are totally different to us apart from the fact they cook different food and have a very strong Indian accent. They don’t get drunk every night or week in fact I’m sure they don’t drink alcohol. So, they are like me in that way too. Again, they are not really different enough to be, well, different. So, to Tim who asked me that question, I know you have experienced cultures which have affected your life, but I haven’t really. When I go to the big city, our capital, I can tell you I don’t like it. I have friends who live there and they love the vast amounts of difference. But I just feel as if I’m in a country that doesn’t know what it is. And I like to know what will happen and who is who.

 

I have also found that some cultures just don’t want to mix. Hence China town and so on. I have a friend who is Malaysian and they send their children to nursery school only for Chinese children. They have parties at our local community centre and you will only see the same cultures of people going through the door. Our Indian neighbours to our left are so friendly we go out for meals, and as I said when there is a street party like a BBQ, they always attend bringing food. Sadly, rarely vegetarian. But my Husband has a smile as he enjoys their amazing cooking. But they have their own parties where by the street folk don’t get invited but car after car comes to our avenue of all sorts and again, all from India. I’m sure they wouldn’t invite their Indian friends and those of us in the street. It could be because the majority of the people in the street drink alcohol and their friends are against this? If it’s an us and them situation, I think they try to mix with us but are not sure of us mixing with them. So, I feel we are far more excepting of other cultures than they are of ours. Most of our Christian churches except every religion. I’m not sure of other cultures/religions excepting Christians and other religions. Of course, you will get people who will disagree with what I have said and that is fine, they probably know more on this subject than I do. My point is, I was asked this question last week and have been asked similar questions in the past but until now haven’t answered them. I remember meeting with a colleague of Hubs from Turkey who said he loves London as everyone lives happy together. Of course, I proceeded to ask. “Have you ever been to London?”” to which he replied no, but he dreams to visit. (SMILE)

 

Sadly, I’m not too sure different cultures can all get on. If they could, there wouldn’t be wars or terrorists. If only we could all get on. And another subject I spoke of yesterday with my friend. Gender. She and I got into a deep conversation but briefly, it was said to me some years ago. This person believed that one day, there will be no sex. Not as in the special moment sex, but boy and girl, man and woman.

I can tell you at the time I kind of hoped not, and if so, it wouldn’t be in my lifetime. But, I fear her prediction is coming true. How so called famous people these days you know, those who set the trend, are having children and not saying if they have had a boy or a girl? This annoys me. That baby will be so confused. I mean, which toilet will that child go into? At school which changing room will they enter? The one for the boys or girls?

Do people say your daughter, or your Son? Grandson or Granddaughter?      

Will you talk to that person about when they give birth? Hang on, no, because they don’t have the right bits to give birth. But, that isn’t stopping people from having children these days. Two men having a child? Of course, those two men could be miles better parents than a man and a woman. The two Mothers could have more love in them together than twenty heterosexual couples put together. Fact is, we were born us women to have children. Men were made to help us to make them. There’s just something very wrong in my opinion, and I’m allowed an opinion, with a child having two Mummy’s or two Daddy’s living in the same house.

 

The trouble is, heterosexual people are not allowed to express themselves these days. My friend has recently got into a lot of trouble by expressing how she isn’t too keen on huge banners being all over her Sons playground at school almost encouraging people to be happy to be gay. And I’m not talking happy, I wish I was. Even to the point that in his English lesson, you know the lesson where you are to study, well, English? They had to write a full essay on their sexuality. And can I say at this point, his teacher who asked of this, had the month before, come out live in assembly over the internet, on a screen as a live video, that he was gay. Gosh how times have changed? In my days at school, we said the Lords prayer and sang Morning has broken!

 

I asked my Son the other day if he thought there were more people who were homosexual than years gone by? He replied in his amazing open outlook. No Mum, just people are not in hiding now. and that is great. I’m proud of my Son, he is absolutely against homophobia and racism! Just as I am proud of my friend who doesn’t hide her own opinion on how she feels about what is going on at her son’s school. At the moment, the worlds people are all different. There is a reason for that. Now, if in years to come we represent those seventies movies where by we are all with polished waxed heads. Wear foil/aluminium clothing, have no expressions upon our face. Our eyes wear contact lenses so we don’t even have different eye colours and show no emotions, I fear that day and hope that all humans have left this earth to the animals and pray to our God that there is vegetation left for them to survive!

 

2,026 words

 

No comments: