translate

Tuesday 8 May 2018

MY VILLA NEAR THE BEACH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Once again in the South of France. A place of dreams for me. As I closed my eyes and relaxed. In the nearby sounds, I can hear the gentle swishing of the trees and further away, the sea clashing against the rocks and pushing driftwood onto the soft beautiful burning hot beach! Each grain of sand tells a story of times gone by. So many footsteps have been over the sand here and from all over the world. Tears have fallen and smiles have been seen. The sand has been witness to everything. Ships from years ago old fishermen struggling to get back to Shaw. Darkness as someone has decided this world isn’t for them and splashes from excited children as well as fish living in their world which has found itself having to share with humans full of greed steeling from their kitchen of what once was plenty.  People who have gone mad with the salt the sand that tells tails fairy tails in some cases, and other stories of nightmares, but today isn’t a nightmare, it’s a dream.

 

Not only the sounds, but the smells of garlic, the taste of olives and freshly baked breads, the delicious wines and the cheese that has been bought today from the market.

 

Friendly faces I passed each person saying hello and every smile adding to my perfect time here in France. A perfect writers paradise.

 

It’s here where I can sit near the pool hearing ripples from the what is normally still water. My head feels clear. My stomach is released of all knots. I’m happy, I have a smile upon my face, I’m far away from the worlds news. It’s a zone I can write words of freedom and fantasy. It’s a place I can paint, pictures of perfection. A clear mind and it’s free from all nastiness. They don’t know where I am only those who matter know and those who don’t matter, mean nothing and it’s that freedom which I love. Ripped off those straps, those chains and on my return to reality, to England, I hope to prevent those ties from coming at me again, I’m ready with scissors to cut open the ropes and as for the chains, I will hope to find the strength to not let them near me.

 

The birds they sing, high on the trees. In the near breeze, I hear the seabirds, their song isn’t quite so beautiful, more like city sounds of determination, hurried words no time to take a seat. But these birds above my head are singing a song of sweet sounds and the chorus is yet to come!

 

My pen to paper, which is covered in grains of sand, yes, those grains even can see what I have written, but they blow away and what goes on in the sands, stays in the sands.

 

Later on, I shall catch a boat to a distant island to take dinner with my love and Son, candles will adorn the tables. Flowers of tropical colours shall give fragrance to each person. Shells of all colours and shapes will remind us we are around nature. Sizzling sounds as our food will be prepared. Clinking of glasses will be heard as crystal will ping in a pure performance of an orchestral tunes. The moon shall shine, the silver stars will sparkle and dance in time with life. I shall sit back, take in the inky night and know tomorrow I must once again enter the world of reality and return to England, but in the meanwhile, I shall have my place of dreams in our villa in Le Grau d’Agde

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: