translate

Wednesday 23 May 2018

DIARY OF OH MY DAYS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. At last I can come to my lap top to chat. It’s been a busy day, each day I know what is going to happen, roughly. Sometimes there are surprises. Today wasn’t as much as a surprise, but a change of plan. My intentions were to take my lap top outside and write anything other than work related stuff. Instead I had to go to a shop I didn’t know how to get to. Involving crossing that deadly road. And then where? Oh, my goodness. Firstly, my heart was in my mouth. There’s no crossing and no gaps where the cars stop even for a second to let me cross. It’s a case of listening to which direction the cars are coming and going and dodging them. It’s dangerous as they don’t slow down even with a guide dog. At the end of the road, to go up the kerb am I at at the normal step or the huge one?  Have I crossed where the other side is grass, or onto the path or worse, it only happened once, I crossed over but the kerb just didn’t happen. Oh, no, I realised I had crossed on a side road. So, I had to ask my dog to find the kerb to the left as that was the direction I was heading.

 

I stood for ages to wait for a passer-by. But there was no one. Then I thought I heard footsteps but it’s hard to hear as the traffic is so noisy.

 

Was it a person or a can rolling in the wind?

A person. But they wouldn’t stop to ask what I was wanting. Help to cross over. So, I waited again, for ages by this point I was ready to give up. But that would mean I did the hardest part of coming out of the house all for nothing.

 

Then someone else came. “Excuse me, could you possibly help me to cross?”” and I meant over the road, not dress…

 

It was rather funny; a hand took my arm. A man, woman, child? A monkey from the local zoo?

 

Who knows, and to be honest, I still don’t know as they never said a single word. I thanked them and, on my way, I went.

 

The person said nothing so I couldn’t judge the height of their head, having said that where I live have very small home grown or not so grown people. They are rather small. No aftershave or perfume or soft or hard hands. No long nails no long hair touching my arm. No floaty material to say it’s a dress and not even a limp to say it could be an elderly person, not that all people who limp are old. Anyone watching my actions only when walking would guess at least 77.

 

Then to the shops. At least there would be loads of people there to ask which shop I wanted. And there was and I found where I needed to be. Got what I wanted though inside the shop, the person serving wasn’t the brain of Britain I hoped for. well, when I say brain, at least be able to communicate.

 

It’s like yesterday, I told someone I would like my letters in Braille as I am totally blind. They replied, so, would you like them in large print?”” me, no, I can’t see any kind of print. I see nothing, Braille please. They replied. “Well, if we send you the biggest print we have, we can even put it on yellow paper, so it’s easier to see.”

Me, no, please don’t send me print. Her so, if I send normal standard print, will someone read it to you? Me, no, no one, please send it in Braille. I know you can, I have had Braille from you before. Her, right, I have put it on your files, standard print is no good for you.”” Whoop whoopy whoop. We are getting somewhere. And then she continued.

“So, it’s on your files to send large print but on white paper.””

Oh

My

Days!

 

I then asked her did she have a first or a masters from university at stupidity?

Then put the phone down. Let’s see what kind of letter I will receive.

 

Back home safely, exhausted now.

 

Our Son is in the garden. He’s been out with his girlfriend’s brother to the gym. Poor man, as my boy will have killed him off. He knows how to put people through the mill.

Now he is in the garden with my adopted Son. Boy Wonders friend. He’s a lovely lad, I have spoken about him before. They have a great friendship. They don’t have anything in common and intellectually they are very different but they are always there for each other. He’s more like a brother. He’s a lovely lad. And today it’s our Sons turn to lecture this lad. Oh, heck, after the gym, I wouldn’t want to be lectured by my boy. He’s full of testosterone and ready to go!!!

 

But it’s sunny and they have a beer and they are I hope enjoying a chat….

 

Hub home soon from my wonderful hometown and I think today he has had a good one. Tomorrow away again but for once not by train. The trains yesterday were challenging. He said he was on four trains rather than two just to get there. Our trains right now are in a bit of a state. This doesn’t happen in other countries. Well, Japan and Russia… having said that, I love to travel by train, but not when timetables are well, just not on time and have no end result.

 

Today only two trains. But this mornings was just under half an hour late.

 

So, another shirt ironed for tomorrow and life continues. I have a meeting in the afternoon and the morning I shall be dusting and cooking. Just life. but as for crossing that road? Em, it will be a long time before I do that again, in fact, I may never do that again. As for my Waggatail, she will sleep tonight, but not sure her dreams will be pleasant. She doesn’t like noise. So, I have been playing with her toy in the garden. With her of course. Haha, I haven’t just been out there with a giant Kong toy on my own. Though it has been known. Seriously, I through a toy for Waggs once but I didn’t just go out there and throw it. I went out, teased her. Made stupid sounds you make to a dog just before you are going to release their favourite toy. Ran around like a headless chicken. And then threw this toy.

Waited.

And waited again. No little clippie claws running across my back yard. In fact, nothing chasing the toy. Oh, no, I had thrown it too enthusiastically. It had gone over the fence. That is why she was just looking as if to say I’m not jumping over there.

Oh, oops, no, she was still in the house…

 

O

K

Stop it.

It wasn’t my fault. On the way out, she stopped at the table. I closed the door and she had stayed at the table, obviously there was a crumb and my Labrador is more interested in a crumb that any toy.

Needless to say, I came in and thanked God our back garden isn’t looked over by other gardens. Or I should say people in their gardens…

 

Later gators.

 

 

No comments: