translate

Thursday 10 May 2018

JUST A DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I must spend tomorrow ironing and writing before our getaway this weekend. Writing for me this week has been an impossibility. I have written words of a different kind, so, not my story sadly that is a must soon, and not many blogs, but words I hope have helped someone. I have also written to a couple of friends one in particular I adore. I wait like a puppy waiting for her owners to return home from work for words back from this wonderful person.

 

Tomorrow I’m at last getting my hair cut. Oh, my, it’s a mess. My fringe, I cut a month ago and let’s just say, I’m kind of glad I have wavy hair so the lack of knowledge of hair cutting isn’t obvious.

 

My Son made me laugh last night as he told me his friends were trying to organise a get together with their girlfriends on a walking weekend. Well, not sure how Shamrock will feel about that. And I’m not sure how much walking will actually be done. But that is coming up in a couple of weeks. The options were a house, for 14 of them. BW said. Great. Next was a caravan. Hahaha, I wish I could have recorded his response to that and finally the best one was the suggestion that my Son will spend a couple of nights in a tent? Em, no, that won’t be happening. His answer to that was. “Are they kidding? Where will I shower? Wash my hair? It’s so not happening.”” Let’s see!

 

A very happy birthday to VB today. I think she has reached the grand old age of?

 

Well it’s humiliation tonight at the pub quiz. Having said that, last week we came third. And no, there weren’t only three teams playing. Haha. I think there were about eight.

 

I ironed Hubs summer shirts for work last night. Not sure what colour he is wearing today, but I have a suspicion it’s bright just like his knew jacket I got him for Christmas… I did make sure he wasn’t in an important meeting or interview before I hung them next to his side of the bed.

 

He worked from home yesterday and spent over eight hours on the phone. His calls were nonstop. It’s a good job his memory is OK as he must have to remember so many names and subjects.

 

I cleaned upstairs so I was out of the way but doing something that needed doing. BW worked all day. Then went to the gym. On his return from the gym, had an early night as Sham was taking her Brother on a four hour round trip. Same place she took her Dad some weeks ago. I was concerned as she had done a 13-hour day at work. She will do anything for her family though. It’s rare these days.

 

Soon her sister will be having a baby and I think she is already booked in for babysitting. I wonder how long it will take her to lose interest when baby doesn’t just want to be cuddled all day. It was nice though to spend time with BW last night.

 

I guess I have to enter the torture of the kitchen now and try to find what to eat for dinner. Tap tap see will be getting used on my iPhone. As I can’t remember what meat I have for Hub in our fridge. I think it’s steak. And then for the vegetarians? It’s not so much the cooking I don’t like, but the deciding what to cook. I’m so bored with it. I have been cooking since I was 17 for a man and later on for my boy. But if I didn’t do it, who would? My Husband always tells me he will cook when he get’s in from work, but firstly, why should he have to do that? He spent all his life with his ex-wife cooking for himself it’s his turn now in life to be looked after. Also, the two or three times I have been out when he has got in, he has been found with toast. No, that’s not happening. As for BW? Oh, my, the mess after he has been cooking, Shamrock is worse, if they do ever live together, God help their house.

 

So, our troubled world keeps having troubles, new countries, same problems. And life goes on or now. Francis Perrin, you and your predecessors have a lot to answer to with regards Nuclear bombs and so on.

 

In our news today. A 104-year-old scientist from Australia, has ended his own life in Switzerland.

Some of our supermarkets are charging a fortune for petrol Asda is one of the places. They take from your card £99 no matter how much you spend on petrol. Then give you it back on your card but not immediately. Wow, what if you need petrol but only have £10 in your account? How dare they do that and where will it stop? I mean, we go for a meal, they take £200 for a £50 meal? Or our local shop for a loaf of bread and again, £99 is removed from our account? Outrageous.

Barbara Windsor, a famous actress in the UK known for her role in our Carry-on movies, has Alzheimer’s. Such a bubbly person too. I think her Husband is almost half her age. But they have been together for years.

 

Can you believe it’s been 40 years since the iconic movie Grease came to our screens? I went to see it with my Brother when I was a young child and I loved it. It was a film that everyone had to see. My Husband went to see it with his Mum and Brother and since then he and I have loved watching it together many times.

 

Whatever you are doing today, I hope you find time for yourself. Enjoy what makes you smile. Until later. X

 

 

 

No comments: