translate

Tuesday 8 May 2018

IT'S BEEN A WHILE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dearest Bloggets I hope you are all fine and well? Sorry not been around for a few days.

Our boy starts his training today for his new job. Hub is so kind and has bought him a gift that will arrive tomorrow it’s just to say well done to him. It’s a camera for his car.

 

It’s been a long weekend as it’s Bank Holiday. So, Friday started where I went for coffee with some friends then last night we spent the night with friends catching up. Today the weather for the third day in a row was boiling hot. The hottest May Bank Holiday on record. Reaching 28C today. And this fair Fifi is fiery hot. I’m burnt to a crisp. All of our friends last night were asking me if I was sore. Yes, I was and I am. My skin is so red and so painful. I sat out for an hour the day before yesterday. I didn’t put sun cream on. We had loads of bottles, I could only find after sun. But today BW found two bottles in his bathroom. By the time I used my App on my phone, I had looked through about seven bottles taking me about twenty minutes as most times my phone kept saying either too close or no text found. Then it would annoyingly say something like “Left hand holding bottle, human hand holding white plastic bottle.”” Human hand? What other kind of hand would be holding it? Or it would say “Bottle next to drawers.  Bottle next to wall.”” Like spot the obvious?

 

In our news, Donald Trump isn’t doing himself any favours. Saying that England should have more guns as we have loads of knives crimes and our hospitals in London are full of people who have knife injuries. Well, there are communities where knife crime is getting out of control, but having guns, what good will that do? So, do we want our kids to have guns rather than knives? So rather than them be in hospital recovering, they will be dead? Very sensible.

 

In India, a girl was raped and burned to death. People have been arrested but that doesn’t bring back that poor girl. Awful.

 

Meghan Markle’s family have been in our news. Prince Harry has only met her Mother once and has not met her Father yet. I think they said the day before the wedding he will meet them. As for her estranged brother, well he wrote a letter to our Prince Harry and it was warning him not to marry Meghan. Saying she was giving her best performance yet. He isn’t invited to the wedding. Well, it’s up to her who she invites. Just because someone is your family doesn’t mean they are good. My family are very small, my Husband, brother in law, two sisters in laws, my Brother and FIL, our nieces and Nephews and our only child. Most people I think of as family are my close friends.  But I have to say, I’m not a fan of his choice of wife, though I hope to be proven wrong. As Harry deserves a happy life.

 

Oh, today I spoke with a lovely guy on line. He has just lost his sight. Gosh, it brought back dreadful memories and times when I still shake inside thinking back to those days. It was a living hell. A time I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I said some words to this man but you know when you never know if you have done any good or been able to help in any way? I felt so bad so sad for this guy. When blindness happens, it is the most terrifying time ever. Writing this, my mouth is so dry. The pit of my stomach is tight hurting. I felt so sad for this man. I really truly hope he will find his path to where he needs to be. I tell everyone to be prepared, but it’s like writing a will in a way, it’s something you put off. We wrote ours it wasn’t nice, but it’s done now well has been for a couple of years and nothing needs to change so we won’t need to do that when our time gets closer, not that we know when that will be, but if life is kind it will be in many years.  So, if you still have sight, please get ready for that day of darkness if it ever happens. It may not and that is fine, what have you lost by learning?

 

Yesterday we bathed our dogs, they weren’t impressed. But they are clean now. Waggatail sulked with her Daddy for a few hours. Oh, the looks she was given. I could tell by her body shape and the way she held her head towards him. The stillness in her posture. The distance between the normally wagging one and my Husband. LF looks so much thinner? He can’t be, and not that much fur came from him, but he does look thinner. Boy Wonder says he looks like a puppy. Little Fella that is, not Boy Wonder. Smile.

 

Sending love to my school friend Julie today. It’s the day before her Husbands funeral. I can’t even imagine the pain she is in right now. She is such a good person as well. Thankfully, she has a good family, a proper family who are taking good care of her. She also has a mutual friend, gosh, how special those people are. Still though, that doesn’t take away the pain she is feeling right now.

 

Hub and I were talking yesterday about religion. He asked me. How can there be a God when he let’s such bad things happen to good people and bad people seem to get away with everything? My only answer to him was God can’t be everywhere like some religious people believe. He can only tune into some people sometimes and he sets examples. He’s not perfect no matter what some people believe. Nothing is perfect. But his imperfections are not bad, just he wasn’t there at the right time. I wish I had a direct phone line to our maker. But most days, my mobile doesn’t have a SIM card in it.

 

Some uplifting words before I go.

“It is during our darkest moments, we must focus to see the light.””

Aristotle Onassis

“Sometimes when you are in a dark place, you think you have been buried, but actually, you have been planted.””

Christine Caine

 

 

No comments: