translate

Tuesday 29 May 2018

DIARY OF MY COTTAGE GARDEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Firstly, my heart goes out to people of Belgium! I wish all of this would stop.

What a day again, in fact what a night! If I had just over an hour’s sleep,

I will be lucky.

My love has gone far by train, done an all-day meeting and missed his train coming home, so, he will be later than I hoped for. My Son on the other hand, has been to a manager’s meeting today. Gosh, he’s brave. He still hasn’t received the training from his old well, almost old manager to step up to the next stage. He has eleven days before he starts his new role and all he’s done so far is rotors. Only another thirty-four things to learn… I said weeks ago, he had five weeks to learn nine months work, and his boss just deliberately not taught him. And now, he’s took a week’s holiday. Mean, I hope what goes around, comes around, and bites that man in the butt.

 

Well his new boss asked Boy Wonder to attend the meeting today in her place… he had to take notes, listen to speakers. Work from a white board. Fill in forms. Draw out maps. And create monthly plans. As well as learn all about what’s new and new machines as well as the latest way of working with the online system. Then he had to take all his files to his new place of work hand them over and teach the girl how to do the new work on the computer. But he enjoyed it. He coped. I received a text from him saying it was OK but he didn’t have a clue what he was doing, but, he must have been OK as five hours later he has returned home and said he managed fine.

 

When my Husband who is an area manager goes to work, if it’s a conference meeting for example, he takes an apple… BW walked into a five-star hotel, had coffee and pastries, then lunch a hot meal with desserts and coffee. Then after lunch, biscuits cakes and more coffee tea or juice. Not bad in just over eight hours?

 

I believe it was a one off though, as the managers were saying normally they get a bag of potato crisps. And a can of fizz, in a backstreet office block!!!

 

Well, we have had a bit of a dreadful day with regards electrical work. My heart sunk as realisation kicked in and the big bad world punched back. I’m so ready for a break Bloggets.

 

My Son has a holiday planned with friends and Sham. They are going to a beautiful part of the country for two nights and I hope they will hike/walk as that is my Sons intentions. But it’s his friends 21st, so let’s see how much walking gets done. I hope they all have a great time making memories.

 

BW’s now off to the gym. He’s just gone out with his pal, the lovely lad across the road. He’s such a sweet young man. I have said before, the two of them are not just friends, but more like brothers. They don’t really go out much but are always there for each other. To look out for one another. It’s such a lovely thing they have.

 

Re my book, I have only managed a thousand words this week, well in the past seven days, but there’s always tomorrow. I don’t have anything planned to go anywhere so, a day of writing.

 

Thursday Waggatail and I have to pop out and Friday busy again. The following week I’m out with my great friend Geordie. My footballer’s wife. Smile. At last a day or three hours where I can be me.

 

But for the next 24 hours, Hub and I have some serious business to attend to tonight, bless him, he will be tired too. I don’t think anyone who can see realises just how much it takes it out on those who can’t see when it comes to traveling.

 

Hubs at his office tomorrow and Friday away again. Next week is a nightmare for him and travelling and will be staying overnight for two nights. Today has been a big day for him I hope it will be successful.

 

Outside of my window, smile, that is what some of you Bloggets wanted to hear. I received three emails in the past two weeks asking me to tell what I can hear as it’s been a while apparently since I did that. Well, may be that is because outside of my window has been normal for a change! Today, there are the army planes in the background blending in with the thunder which fills our sky. There is someone using a strimmer. Oh, it sounds like a wasp in distress! We have a lot of motorbikes in our avenue of all sorts these days. They are so blooming noisy. And why do they have to sit on them and rev the engines? Why can’t they just get on them and drive off to noise pollute another area? But no, nine minutes the other day I timed them. Rev rev and I’m not talking about the church staff.

 

OK, I must go now to hunt for food to feed my Husband. BW has told me he has had enough and wants a salad for tea. Hub? Let’s see what I can gather in my cottage garden to feed him with.

Well, OK, my cupboards.

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: