translate

Wednesday 30 May 2018

MEN AT WORK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s pouring with rain today but I asked my Alexa if it would rain today where I live, not because I wanted to know if it would rain, as cats and dogs were going on outside of my windows, but because I wanted to know how much rain would fall. I know, I’m sad… It’s my Husband, he’s rubbing off on me as he is obsessed by weather… Alexa isn’t the kind of gal just to ask how much will fall, you just have to ask her will it rain? And her answer normally is to tell you what percentage it will rain and how much in miller meters. But today’s answer? …

“It will not rain today!””

Oh, my…  Seriously Alexa? There wasn’t a gap without water going on out there.

 

It will do the gardens good. Hub and I spent the weekend in our garden, him grumbling and me handing out my orders. Haha. I did do some pruning too. Now, what I pruned is a guess. And the choice of guesses are. Flowers, plants or weeds. I’m really that bad. And Hubs version of gardening is moving one of my statues from one end of the garden to the other… oh, he did do a great thing too he fixed our fence. No hammer was required or nails just wire. We are hopeless in our yard. Our gardener had been for three hours, but he spent time on other things. Don’t ask what. Smile.

 

I wonder if we will get any apples from our tree this year? Well apples that are not suitable for punishment. As ours are always so sour. Did I tell you about that? A man from the garden centre sold us this beautiful tree full of delicious yellow apples. Huge too. How do I know they were delicious? Because my Boy wonder who was my Teen back then, ate one… well I paid for it and left waited for delivery. What came wasn’t the same tree. Totally different. I was welcomed to the area by a load of con men and years passed for me to realise where we live now is full of sharks. We have swam with all of them.

 

It's funny how in different parts of the UK how people change. We live on a small island and we are all so different. Apart from a few, I believe people in the North are much friendlier still. My friend from London well, she’s from Newcastle but now lives in London, called me up the other day. As she was on her way to pick the kids up from school, by foot as by car would be ridiculous as the traffic is unforgiven and it was then I learned just how unforgiven it really was. The horns never stopped and they were so aggressive. Not just one beep but five, six. Long ones too.

She said to me she hates the drivers there. She had spent the weekend in the north east and said still drivers there wave to each other. Not in London, they may use their hands, but not to wave. Haha. Still though I have some great friends from our capital and they are fantastic, it’s the majority who let the side down.

 

Our future looks like it’s going to have flying cars. I pray for this never to happen. Can you imagine? I mean, how on earth can that be controlled? Surely there will be crashes as there are no roads people will be just flying into each other. I already hate drones unless they are used by the Police or army. China are now delivering food by a drone. It flies to a driver and you only wait twenty minutes for your meal. So, let’s wait forty and have no more invasive machines?  We live in a new world. It’s horrid and we are to blame. Get our kids to wait, I did with my Son and though society has got to him too, there is still a part of him who remembers just to wait and it will still get to him.

 

I am asked the question many times would I like to fast forward five hundred years or go back five hundred years? Well firstly I don’t believe this earth will be here in five hundred years. But if it is, no thank you. I will hate it so much. As for going back well, perhaps as long as I am not one of the poor people. I wouldn’t mind being semi poor, but not so hard up I am on the streets or can’t afford medical care. We are lucky to have our NHS I just wish it had better management.

 

I made my Son his breakfast this morning and shouted for him as he only had half an hour before work. He then told me he had an hour and a half… well yesterday he told me he was starting at ten. Today it’s eleven. So, I took him his food in bed with a coffee and now he has gone back to sleep.  He didn’t get in until almost 2.

 

Yesterday went so well for him. I was really proud and when his Dad was learning of his day last night, he was also very proud. I just let those two-talk business over heads and budgeting. I was lost. But in general, I think he did amazing. He was the youngest there by a country mile and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the youngest assistant manager in the company. But he has never been his age. He is so clever. I just hope he will enjoy his new job in a few days. If not, no doubt he will get another one. But if he hangs in there, in a year, he could be manager and then regional. But that will come in no less than five years I would think as that is a huge step.

 

I’m glad to say that Shamrocks baby shower, well her sisters, went well and her sister really did appreciate what her little sister had done for her which is great as she worked hard for weeks if not months. I think there is a month before the baby girl is due.

 

Hub was exhausted last night he did so well I was so proud of him what he achieved yesterday. He took his new role so he could save as many of his staff as possible from redundancy. The past few months has been so stressful for him. He really does care bless him. If he stayed where he was, in the same role, another person would have crushed his office/staff. But Hub has a great brain and has worked on so many spreadsheets which are not very accessible for people who are blind and he has budgeted and created and swapped jobs, to try to do his best for the team and the end result looks good.

 

OK, I’m going to wake my sleeping beauty up now though I am sure he will have an alarm. Did I tell you he sets about ten in the morning? Haha. He wakes up, turns it off and so on. I told him to set one and get up. But no. instead, he has half an hour of interrupted sleep.

 

Talking of sleep. Once BW got home, I fell asleep and had a humungous two and a bit hour before I woke. And then I fell immediately, something I never do. And had almost three hours. That is the most sleep I have had in five months.

 

I fell asleep to Mexican music. I love it it has many memories for me. That’s another blog. Until later, take care.

 

No comments: