translate

Sunday 12 November 2017

THE RIDDLE OF THE DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Some sad news that shocked me yesterday. I received a phone call from my lovely dog walker. Our dogs were super excited to go on their walk but it had to be cancelled. She sounded dreadful. She was walking a dog and she felt as if she was going to collapse. I was so worried. Bless her. I have said for ages she really does too much for so many people. She stayed overnight in hospital and she’s home now. I’m hoping she will take it easy and look after herself.

 

 It’s a beautiful day here so very cold nipping to the bone and extremely sunny. I love this time of year. Stage one of my work is done today, floors are clean and kitchen clean ready to start all over again making the evening meal for the family. I got some steak from the freezer last night so it’s roast and mash potatoes, sweetcorn and butter beans to go with that all. I may make Yorkshire puddings.

 

My gardener came today to do last minute winter things he’s fantastic, he just gets on with it and if something I can’t see in the garden needs attention, he tells me at the end of his job what he has done. I stand there with a huge smile upon my face as this is what I have been looking for, for years. Normally I have to tell gardeners to do this or that asking them to do what I think needs doing. So, when they do half of what I have asked for, and that is a lot of do’s, smile, and charged double what they started off asking for, apart from one gardener he charged the right amount, well this guy is brilliant, he treats my garden like he would his own, this is what I have wanted for so long. He’s a rough diamond with a heart of gold.

 

The start of my Christmas decorations have come today. Oh, it’s so cute. It’s a climbing Santa going up a tiny rope ladder. He is like a toy he has a waterproof body with a sack on his back and curly hair and a beard. The ladder is made from rope. He’s only two feet long but so cute. Taking it out from it’s box to look, my dogs were very interested. I also bought three gift boxes that light up. They are cream glitter with red bows and they light up you can put them under your tree, on your windowsill or they say, outside, but looking at them I’m not sure I will be doing that as they don’t look like they can stand the English winter. They are really pretty though. The bows are risen up from the boxes. The boxes are hollow and made from wire. They are cream glitter with the red bows!  

 

I was treat today by my Husband who made my breakfast. I had scrambled egg something I never eat at home, eggs, even though I buy only free range, though I love eggs, but it’s part of an animal so I don’t like to eat it. Well, a chicken so I suppose foul. Anyway, it was delicious. And lovely that I didn’t have to cook it. I halved the toast intake so I’m trying to lose weight before Christmas as I need to deflate before I inflate.

 

Hub is doing so well. In a month he has lost almost one stone, 14 lbs. but he’s hardly eating anything. And he is exercising.

 

Me? If we are not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge? Have you heard of the garlic diet, you don’t lose weight, you just look good from a distance?

 

So apart from housework including cooking, Hubs cleaning the dog run better him, then me, and he’s grooming the Little Fella and the Wagging one, I have been reading up on some news and just things I thought you may be interested in reading about, so here we go.

 

My mind moves from jokes to sadness to loving and some serious thoughts and some things I have been reading today are as follows.

 Anti-depressants boost neurotransmitter serotonin, as does gratitude, did you know that? Some reading this will think what have I got to be grateful for? Well they say, that it’s the searching for something to be grateful for, that is good enough!

 

And some riddles.

Re arrange these letters

O O U S W T D N E J R

To spell just one word

 

Have you done that? Go on, have a try? What is your answer? Well, here’s what it should be.

(Just one word)

 

What is more useful when it is broken?

Answer

 

 

An egg.

 

OK, take care I shall go for now and be back tomorrow. X

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: