translate

Thursday 16 November 2017

DIARY OF THE DIFFICULT QUESTION BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I have just come in from our weekly pub quiz where we did shockingly bad. I laugh about it, you would think that my Husband had just been betrayed in a mega way. Lost his job and had to hand his house over to the bank. Oh, boy, it’s not pretty. I want to laugh at his sour face but dare not…. Not if I want to go to the quiz again, that’s for sure. Even our friend said to him not to be so annoyed… For me it’s a laugh and   a night away from TV and housework. For my friend B, she is slightly more competitive but in a happyish way, for our friend Jay, he loves the beer. For Hub?

 

I will say that the questions are ridiculous. I’m not sure I have ever been to a quiz so difficult. Ever. As for the picture quiz? Well, the people have to be over the age of forty and have been famous twenty years ago as I don’t know what people look like now haven’t for twenty years. My friend describes the people and sometimes I get them if, they were around when my eyes worked.

 

I won’t tell you how badly we did. But I bet you there are a lot of toilet visits and iPhones used… no way people can get as many as they do and not cheat. At least we are honest. I tell you, the pathway to the toilets are next to where we sit and it’s a busy walk through.

 

The coal fire was burning at one side of the fire our friend said there was coal and the other a barrel of wood. Oh, I love coal fires. They remind me of my childhood.

 

Shamrock brought us a box of Maltesers. Hubs favourite chocolates in the world. He’s on a diet, so for them not to go to waste???

After the pub quiz, may be not…

I could always say the dog ate them?

Knowing me, I would probably put the box in the bin… as if a dog would do that?

 

Our poor Son is up at quarter past five for work tomorrow again. Bless him. It’s icy outside too. Really cold the cars all had ice on them when we came from the lovely toasty pub.

 

My house is quiet. Sham has gone home Hub is in bed, the dog’s are a sleep and here I am with a lamp on next to me, I know I can’t see it but I know it must look cosy. The house is warm and it’s so quiet. I have lots of emails from you, my dear Bloggets and shall answer them tomorrow but first I had to answer one to a new Blogget who needs kind words right now in his life. I am so glad we have met through writing as I want to be there for him at this time. He’s a good man.

 

Oh, that reminds me, I will try to remember to tell you tomorrow about how I have let Hub down in a big way. And I guess myself. Again. But that is for tomorrows blog, though I should say a blog for later as it’s past the pumpkin hour now. So, I shall love you and leave you but remind me to tell you my latest blob in my life later on… If you don’t, I will forget.

If it’s your bed time, remember my quote from a few months ago?

I hope your pillow will be a fluffy cloud and the angels sing sweet lullabies. Know that the stars have come to wish you sweet dreams and the moonlight is there to guide you to that path of dreams.

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

 

No comments: