translate

Wednesday 1 November 2017

ME AND MY MAKEUP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


OK, I have waited in for a parcel that had to be signed for. Ready to pounce on the person about to put it in my post box or run off as normal. And received a text to say it has gone to a neighbour. Oh my God, I am so cross. What is wrong with these people. Firstly, a stupid card will have been put in our box that we can’t read and secondly if they bother to put it in my post box, then why not knock at my door and wait the five and three quarters seconds that it takes me to get to the door and open it? I mean, it would take less time to ring my bell hand it to me and go than it would to write a card out post it and then take the parcel to a neighbour.

 

I wouldn’t care, I have had two emails saying how important it is as someone needs to sign it. Yeah, a neighbour, obviously.

I have twenty neighbours.

Just saying.

 

I sent for some makeup too. My favourite brand. I sent for it on Saturday. It’s now Wednesday. Still waiting. You watch, it will come when I am on the way to my cottage in Northumberland. Well, not my, cottage, but our rental for the couple of days. It should have arrived yesterday I got an email saying they were getting it ready. Oh, my, how long does that take? I got an offer with it nine mini bottles of stuff. Yes, stuff. When they come they will all be sample size and every bottle will look alike so, what is what? Not wanting to put shampoo on my cheeks and foundation in my hair. I may wait until our Son comes home. As to use Tap Tap see, my software will be a challenge as the bottles are tiny. One thing I bought was eyeshadow. I never wear eye makeup I’m not very brave. Also, I am very into natural looks and to have coloured eyelids to me is weird. I picked the colour grey and it read it has sparkles in it. Blondes with blue eyes are meant to wear grey’s, blues, lilacs and pinks.  Red heads greens and those with brown hair anything. I guess it’s the same with those with black hair?

 

I put most of my make up on with my fingers. God knows what I am doing and what I look like. As I was saying in an earlier blog, it’s so difficult to get dressed and feel pretty these days. How do I not know I am stepping out looking like Charlie Cairoli?

For my Bloggets who are not as old as me…

 33…

 Stop it.

He was a clown. I went on stage with him when I was a child. He terrified me. After the show, the press took me to his dressing room. I cried like a baby. I think I was about eight. Haha.

 

How do I know I don’t need more makeup? When friends give me a hug, they stick to me. It’s gross. I’m talking sighted friends. When I put my makeup on, my face feels exactly as it does when I don’t have it on. Am I wearing enough? I know when I was young people said I didn’t need it.

 People don’t say that now smile.

 

I wear foundation then a kind of blush that is shiny and then powder then blusher and lipstick. But some things you can buy sound like something you would put on the walls, rather than your face.  I know Shamrock said her makeup she was taking on holiday weighs a ton. Heck, and she is only eighteen? It would worry me if she was my daughter.

 

I have friends who are blind and they get their eye lashes died. Gosh, that scares me. What if it went in your eyes? So, my eye lashes are slightly darker blonde than my hair my Son says. Should they be darker? I find it odd having black eye lashes and blonde hair. I was never taught to wear makeup. Even when I did photo shoots when I did some modelling I just didn’t wear makeup. My first marriage I wore blusher and that was it. My second one, oh, I went to town, literally. I went to a famous shop in town and had a makeover. I loved it. I wore gold and bronze colours. My eye lashes were painted brown with gold on top. Lids and lips all gold too. My flowers were yellow, with a gold ribbon, that was the best day of my life.

 

So, when will my makeup come? The website I ordered it from is kind of blind friendly, or screen reader friendly, until it comes to checking out. That was a total nightmare. The make/brand is so beautiful. So, kind to the skin and smells amazing really subtle but so stunning to put on. It’s like liquid silky velvet. Apparently, our queen wears this brand. So, what is it?

 Clarins. It’s said too that she uses creams from a company I have never heard of but will read more on the brand, which is

 Cyclax

She gets her hair brush from GB Kent and Son

It’s said our queen wears this perfume, again I have never heard of it.

L’Heure Bleue

I wear Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

I bet there is an enormous price difference? Gosh, I would love to know what it’s like to be able to afford L’Heure Bleue?

 

Well on that (NOTE) I shall go for now I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog together we have escaped the everyday life and I would be interested in your opinions on makeup and perfumes. If you have tried our queens perfume, wow, please let me know what you thought?

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

No comments: