translate

Tuesday 21 November 2017

THE BLACK BRIDGE OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE BLACK BRIDGE OF LIFE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m watching you on that bridge

I saw you on the roof

Right on the ridge

I was there when you broke the rule

You’re no fool

Life didn’t give you a book

It was me you asked for help

To tie the knot on that rope

As you slung it over the hook

Though you were never by yourself

I feel you think you’re on the shelf

Left behind by life

Sharpening the blade of the knife

What can I do for you

How can I guide you on your way?

To a brighter day

I don’t want to be one of those people

Who say if only I knew

I read your inky words though few

I understood you

I just don’t know where to go next

I know you’re vext

And I can’t get through to you

Words mean nothing

Even when I say I love you

It’s as if there is a brick wall in between us

And I’m invisible to you

Hidden in the mist

You’re beaten by a fist

With death you have kissed

I need to protect you from yourself

Lock you away

Bring you back out another day

When the sun shines above

And you can feel love

You look back and wonder

Who that very sad person was

It’s all been a blunder

And to all those out there

You may feel like there’s no one to care

But there is

You just haven’t met them yet

So, walk away from that shadow

Only swim through waters shallow

One day you will also look back

And daylight will replace your forever nights of black

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: