translate

Tuesday 7 November 2017

DIARY OF DELIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good evening Bloggets. How are you all? Me, thanks for asking, smile, I’m good now apart from still feeling ill, coughing and it is as if a hammer is hitting against my chest and throat. Asthma. Every year in September I say I should use my inhaler and every year in September I don’t. So, the horrid air combined with my cold has left me bruised so much in pain as if someone is sitting on my ribs and an elastic band is around me. But, apart from that, I am super happy. Why? My baby has come home from his holiday. My house is a home again. It’s complete. I have been so lost without him. It’s a tiny family syndrome. Or, I just love him to the moon and back.

 

Shamrock came for tea. I made them a bomb fire / Halloween meal as they weren’t here for that. I made large baked potatoes with cheese and very large hot dogs with onions and home-made soup of pumpkin and ginger. We had hot sweet mince pies where I put a decoration of a black cat in them then the kids I gave a tiny chocolate ghost and chocolate pumpkin. I put spooky music on and lit candles. I know he’s twenty, but so far, I have no Grandchildren. Smile. I hope it will be quite a few years before I do have any. But the chances of that happening are quite rare. Having children in Shamrocks family before marriage is kind of a tradition. But I pray they will break all traditions especially how much Sham enjoys her holidays.

 

They had a great time. They spent a fortune. They did everything that was possible to do at that part of the Dominican Republic. Swam through icy cold caves, swam with stingray and sharks. That part I hated because the nasty locals to earn money got the nasty holiday makers to put one foot on one stingray and their other foot on another one and they get their photograph taken. Nasty and uncalled for. Thankfully BW didn’t get his picture taken doing that he said it was cruel. Also, he was meant to go to swim with dolphins and again, he said no he didn’t like the way they were kept. But he did do safari and both him and Sham loved it. They drove a buggy along the beaches forests and on a road. They went to a cigar making place and plantations where they have cocoa beans and they said they were like bananas with purple in the middle this is where Cadbury’s get their colour wrapper paper from. They went to a sugar cane plantation too and coffee plantation.

 

They took a pirate boat and had a spa day. Lots of treatments. They went snorkelling too and visited monkeys that BW loved. He is happiest with the animals, Shamrock isn’t like that. She hated the fish. But she said it was a fantastic holiday.

 

My Son was a very naughty boy he is so grown up in many respects but in other ways he is still a rebellion child. I’m too embarrassed to say what he got up to but I’m very anal and a bit of a goodie two shoes.

 

Let’s say his tricks cost him almost a hundred dollars. Sham thought it was hilarious.

 

He said there were loads of Russians there and they were all so rude though they loved him. They made friends with a Russian girl they said she was very different and was so sweet. Oh, and what a story about a man and his family from Canada? You couldn’t make it up.

 

They went to a night club and my Son said it was more like my kind of music. Interested to know what my kind of music is, in my Sons eyes, he played some of the tracks. I guess he means the nineties sounds.

 

They had loads of meals on the beach went to a private island and went on a sailing boat. He kindly brought me an elephant back. Carved from stone. But it has a little bit of red on it and in blue, my

name, then a heart and then Hubs name… So, Hub. Haha.

 

I really have no more space for elephants I can’t even count how many I have. Over thirty five. I do love it though and it was kind of my boy to buy me a gift. I wasn’t expecting anything but the best gift of all, he has flown eighteen hours there and back and he’s home safe.

 

And now for the next chapter in our lives. What will it entail? I’m praying. Will my maker listen?

 

 

 

  

No comments: