translate

Tuesday 28 November 2017

CHOCOLATE@Poetry BY Fiona Cummings


Good morning Bloggets. I hope I find you well? I have been up far too early again the birds were still in their slumber. The ice was thick on the ground and the trees were shivering. It’s that time of year again when I wonder if I should attempt one of my children’s chocolate poems I know that my friend and our Blogget Mary enjoys them and she well, let’s say is a very mature child in her seventies. Smile.

 

Firstly, I may refresh our memories and publish my first chocolate poem I wrote. I think this is my favourite too. I have written a series of them and each one tells a new story from each perspective from a different character who works at the magical factory!

 

(Requirements are as follows. Block out the world we live in and allow your imagination to run free oh, and take a comfortable seat)

 


By Fiona Cummings

 

Oh, the smell from the factory

Brings back a memory

Of my Mums baking days

Where the kitchen was in a haze

Of chocolate cakes

With the wooden spoon

On the table in the corner of the room

in the dish looking so yummy

just begging to find its way to my tummy

so today I put on my shoes

and took a walk to see

a tiny elf waving at me

Hay who are you

I bent down beside him

He said HI, I’m Jim

and pleased to meet with you

 I told him I was Fee

He winked at me

His funny little face

With his turned-up nose

His pink little hands

Holding a beautiful rose

This is for you

As he jumped on my shoe

Stretched right up

He was the height of a buttercup

As I kept kneeling down

On the cold stone ground

Looking around

Seeing nothing but clouds of brown

I couldn’t believe it

The rose smelt of chocolate

I took it in my fingertips

He told me to hold it to my lips

It was edible

I asked him was it a vegetable

He looked in shock

And said it was carved from a chocolate block

He was a funny little fella

Told me he had a girlfriend but I was not to tell her

Why ever not I said with a beam

Oh, he told me, she had eyes so green

Jealous? I asked him

Oh yes indeed

Did she work at the factory

Yes, he said to me

And today is a special day

I’m asking her to marry me

Oh, was that who the rose was for

He said yes but he had more

He had the cutest dimples

And strawberry curls

His trousers were patterns of spots and swirls

His shoes were pointy and heels so high

He wore a yellow dickey bow tie

He asked me if I had ever met his best pal

 Who was the brother of his girlfriend Val

I said oh no

And told him he was the very first elf I had ever met

He then took out a walking stick the size of a candy cigarette

And started to head to the back of the factory

Come on he beckoned

Follow me

Oh, was this going to be the end of the chocolate mystery

There was a tiny house

With a garden made from cornflakes

Sat on a toadstool

Was an elf called Jake

There he is that is my mate

Then I was handed a white chocolate plate

Come on, sit down

Well, the mushroom was so flat to the ground

I just knelt beside the two little creatures

I looked at Jake with his buttoned features

He had cherry lips and cheeks like peaches

He shouted towards the house

Just then running across the path was a sugared mouse

The little door opened

A round cheerful face started speaking

I have not got a clue what she said but I think a nice greeting

Then there was an almighty fuss

Just then the horn went on the wagonwheel bus

Quick get inside the house

What? I thought,

It was the size for a mouse

 Then the most amazing thing happened

As I approached the door

I felt myself being drawn to the floor

I became the height I was when I was four

But it didn’t scare me

As I was welcomed into the chocolate family

Jim told me

Not to be seen

Or he will be given the treatment

By the evil queen

Oh, my word what is that

She dips you in a bowl of cream

Then feeds you to the factory cat

You see, he continued

We are not allowed to mix with folks like you

Then I asked “why did you?

He said you are not like your people

You are like us

You won’t hurt us lot

Or chase us away

Then I listened to what he had to say

Our factory is running by the king and queen

We do our work and keep it clean

We are given our houses on   this village green

On one condition we are never seen

Those who have been

Are taken away

Never to return

Not yet to this day

Where do they go? I asked feeling low

A place so cold where there is forever snow

This is what we are told anyway

Then the round rosy lady

Came to me

Gave me a necklace made from shells

She then muttered some words

Jim explained what she had said to me

As it was a language I had never heard

He said the shells were collected by the milky seabird

How absurd

What on earth was that

Oh, we have pets of a giraffe, bird and a cat

At that point I began to laugh

Why a giraffe

We are so small

And he is so tall

This can be handy

To our chocolate family

Then the door opened and in walked a tired looking young thing

Oh, he was so excited my new friend Jim

He knelt on one knee and produced a ring

Please darling Val, will you marry me

As she smiled teeth so white

And hair so wild

 She said yes, I will

Oh, what a thrill

To witness such love

Then chocolate cups were filled with champagne

This was amazing

 Totally insane

Then Jake took out an old looking violin

And started to play a tune

For Val and Jim

The round rosy lady took my hand

Muttered some words that I could understand

She wanted me to dance with her

I did on a rug of pretend fur

 Bubble gum balloons were flying around

The most wonderful music

A beautiful sound

What a day

I didn’t want to come away

But then my alarm went off and I had to wake for the day

Was it a dream

Absolutely no way

Oh, I can’t wait to go back one day

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: