translate

Monday 27 November 2017

MY CHRISTMAS DIARY (A BEAR BEHIND) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well thank you for your comments from my blog yesterday my first Christmas Diary of this year… I hope we all had a laugh but not as funny as my dear friend and one of our Bloggets who was saying today that they have an inflatable Santa clause and every year she puts it in her front garden but her grown up kids have told her that he looks a bit of a pervert with a smile on his face, so this year she decided not to put him out and to her horror, she went to her garden to see her Husband had done the deed this year and erected this fella… Along next to an inflatable bear. Well the wind had brought the bear down and there the Santa was, with a big smile as the bear bopped up and down against the Santa’s crotch.

Oh my, she has the best sense of humour her and I have shared some laughs but this one takes the first prize. I guess the story should be  titled

(A bear behind)

 

In your country do you have Christmas cakes? Oh, we do and I love them but it’s so difficult to buy one from our shops that are any good. Even M & S, I paid £25 for one a few years ago and it was the worst cake I have ever had. Well Christmas cake. Believe me I have tried every shop but to me, the best one is Tesco.  And I think I paid £10 for it last year.

 

So, what is in a Christmas cake?

Mixed dried fruit, cherry’s, currants, cranberries, sultanas and raisins.

 You can put orange peal in or the juice from an orange and lemon.

150ml of brandy, Sherry, whisky or rum and keep some for feeding as the days go by. Whilst you are waiting for the cake to mature.

250g butter, 200 light brown sugar, 175g plain flour, 100g almond 1 tsb baking powder, 2 tsp mixed spice, 2 tsp mixed spice,1 tsp cinnamon, 100g flaked almond, 4 large eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract

 This is for a small cake you poke holes in the cake when cooked then pour alcohol in it and feed it with alcohol for a couple of weeks. Then ice it and put a thick layer of marzipan on top and if you want decorate it here is the recipe in full


 

 

No comments: