translate

Sunday 19 November 2017

STEELY BLUE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


STEELY BLUE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I saw it in your eyes

Though you tried to disguise

If only I could have one more chance

But I knew it would be our last dance

As you took my hand and lead me to the dance floor

I broke inside

I wanted it to be like before

My heart cried

My hands shook

It was your expression

The way you looked

No compassion

A love that had got lost

How could this be

I thought you loved me

There you were stood before me

But you were a shell of the person I knew

Staring at me with the look of steely blue

As we faked the Waltz

You held my faults

You saw my wrongs

Wiped from your memory were our songs

Forgotten laughs

Ripped up photographs

I tried to avoid your lips

For I didn’t want to hear words fall from them

All the gifts

Did they mean anything to you?

The ice which came from your stair of steely blue

Says everything we have been through

Meant nothing to you

I was part of a game

I believed you felt the same

Don’t you care I’m in so much pain?

I know we will never dance again

It’s goodbye forever

I can hardly stand

How can you do this to me

I don’t understand

You held me with what I thought was pure love

Sent from a higher being from above

What changed your mind

Who stole your heart

I thought we would never part

As tears Glisson now

I ask how?

Can I carry on without you?

I don’t think so

Now you have left go

Your head bowed

I wanted to scream so loud

Please hold me one more time

Love me again

Say you’ll be mine

It’s all been a nightmare

And I will wake

To see the mistake

But the lump in my throat

Tells me it’s real

And the look of your eyes so blue and cold like steel

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: