translate

Thursday 2 November 2017

DIARY OF THE FIVE HEARTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets  from England. Today it’s frosty and sunny. It smells cold if you know what I mean! I’m having coffee with my friend today it’s been so long since we got together. So, I doubt much housework will get done today. And? Smile.

 

Last night we went out with friends and as I said in my last blog, I was really anxious. I don’t like going to our town especially when I don’t know where we are going and its night time full of drunks. I hate the Western culture where everyone has to get as drunk as they know how to get and act in a stupid and impolite manner. Or, is that just Britain?

 

We got a taxi it was one of those silent cars. The driver was telling us how economical they are to run. He said he read the manual that was about 6 inches thick, 15.24cm. and after page one, he put it back in the drawer, it was so difficult to understand. I think those cars could be beyond our brains but for younger people, like under 25, they will be fine, but, it is a delight to be in. Though I still and always will have concerns with them being silent and someone who can’t see at all or well, or an animal stepping out onto the road in front of a hybrid car, may be in trouble.

 

Anyway, our friends decided to go for a drink first. The pub was freezing. There were about three people in there. I’m not surprised at the prices. £20 for four drinks. Maybe you can tell how long it’s been since I was last out in town drinking? My friend and I sat in the most comfortable sofa’s whilst the men went to the bar. The music was dreadful. Really heavy metal. Oh, my goodness. We had a nice chat though as could still hear each other, just! And did the long walk to the restaurant and that was much nicer. As I said it is a meat eater’s paradise. It’s a Brazilian restaurant. We have never been before neither have our friends, but it was their recommendation.

 

The table was really thick like a butcher’s block. Haha, remember my blog the doctors and the butchers block? Gosh, that got almost a thousand views, could it have been the title do you think?  

 

The chairs were solid heavy highbacked wood. It was brightly lit apparently and the two waiters were excellent. We had a help yourself salad bar first and our friends kindly got ours for us. I drank a lime and lemon and the others had a cocktail.

 

On my plate was cucumber, beetroot, Mexican cheese, pasta, spicy beans, tomato and more. I ordered the vegetarian option for main course. The waiter proudly told me he cooked it fresh for me. It was risotto with garlic mushrooms and chargrilled something my friend and I couldn’t work out what. But it was really tasty. Then the meat came for the others. Oh, my four different kinds of steak. Then chicken, then two different kinds of pork, then sausages that were really spicy and salty. Then disgusting no need, five tiny poor chicken hearts. Absolutely gross. Hub said they were the nicest thing all night, what a load of rubbish. I always think my Husband eats meat that is the most revolting, possibly it makes him feel more of a man but I was not impressed. He said at least he didn’t waist anything from the animal. Well, preferably, you don’t need to eat an animal at all but how can you eat a tiny heart. Five chickens were killed for that dish it’s awful. I hate it so much. The meat I cope with and I even made comments like that smells so good. But inside I was crying. And when the men said the steaks were red with blood, oh, that just about finished me off.

 

The meat just kept coming and Hub was really enjoying his meal it was only meat no potatoes or anything I guess if you wanted more salad you could help yourself. Oh, my, I was imagining huge steaks on the plate but Hub said that they were very small pieces. Then more meat came and more and then some more.

 

The waiters were so joyful and genuinely caring. About us, not the animals. Smile.

 

I loved how the waiters cooked the food too. It was really rustic and that is my most favourite kind of restaurant. It’s like being in someone’s kitchen in Spain or somewhere. Only this kitchen was rather huge, but, again, hardly any people. Apparently one night through the week there is live music and that gets very busy. I’m so glad our friend didn’t book that night. It was great, there was music over speakers but it was far away enough to get into Brazilian music but far enough away not to intrude in our conversations.

 

It was a very pleasant evening and we took a taxi back to our friend’s home, where our friend picked the biggest apple from his tree and handed me it. Haha. I must look like I need an apple, and we have a saying, an apple a day keeps the Doctor away, well, those reading my blog from the other day, will know I don’t need to keep the Doctor away, he kept away from me… I was telling my friends that story last night about how I waited for an appointment for three weeks then received a text saying my Doctor had called in sick…

 

At our friend’s house Hub and our friend had a cocktail. You have never seen anything like his sideboard in his sitting room. Oh, my goodness. He made this cocktail with the normal things like rum and vodka, tequila and lime, but then there were things that I had never even heard of. One translation was cream of mint. Oh, that was gross. I tasted Hubs drink and that minty stuff reminded me of mouthwash. But Hub loved his drink if we were to buy that out, goodness knows what it would have cost. I’m always shocked just by the amount of alcohol my friend has. There is nothing he doesn’t have and I can guarantee that he will have more than most bars.

 

My girlfriend and I drank a cup of tea. They had their fire on and we ended the night laughing and really enjoying each other’s company. Back home and closed the house for the night before hitting some shuteye.

 

Next stop on my busy bus is to our train station for our break with our friends. In a cosy cottage in the countryside. I can’t wait. And when I get home only a few sleeps before my Son will be home.

 

Today my boy is doing the scariest outing of all. I will write more in my next blog. All I’m saying for now I hope he will text tonight. I hope we have connection when we go away too. I think we will but we are surrounded by woods.

 

OK, going to fill my water boiler for my friend coming. Turn on the coffee machine and wait to make my chatter bones get some more action. We have loads of catching up to do. I hope you are all well and safe. X

 

   

 

 

 

 

No comments: