translate

Friday 10 November 2017

DIARY OF THE WEEKEND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 My Husband is working from home and I swear he has been on the phone since half eight this morning. It’s now almost one. He talks more in a day than I do in a year. Now those who know me will laugh and say impossible, but I do wonder if when I see you in real life, you hear me only talk with the odd rude interruption from the Hubster, haha, so you think no one can talk more than me, but I think this is because my Husband is all talked out from work. Seriously, in the distance I can hear his voice not what he is saying as I have better things to do but his voice, oh, boy, can he talk? By the end of the day he must be shattered. Tired, exhausted. Is shattered even a proper English word for tired? No, it means broken. Into small pieces.

 

My baby has gone to work. He’s in a long shift today and closing at the end of the day. Shamrock came for dinner last night. I made turkey, mash potato, roast potatoes, green beans, carrots and roasted parsnips. The kids had honey cone and chocolate ice cream for dessert.

 

Hub is up to 45 minutes in the gym every day. Wow, how? By the time it comes to night time, I cannot leave my warm house. Not to go in the cold garage. The night air just hits my bones like pure ice being forced onto my soul.

 

Soon it will be time to decorate our house with Christmas lights. I wish we had the decs like in America. Our decorations are rather boring in comparison. Last year we did buy a projector light that shines onto our house with green and red tiny stars. It’s great if you can see where it’s pointing to, but until my friend Julie told us, we were decorating next doors house rather than ours. Oh, I will remind old Bloggets and tell new ones about the hilarious time we had last year decorating or house when it gets closer to the festivities.

 

So, after yesterday’s rather heavy blog, where you have sent some wonderful messages which I appreciate and some have shared, thank you so much, some light laughs perhaps for your lunch break?

 

Here are some great signs from around the world

Norway. A cocktail lounge.

“Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar!””

 

Budapest. A zoo

Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, please give it to the guard on duty.””

 

At a café/gas station/petrol station

“Eat here and get gas.””

In a New York restaurant.

“Customers who consider our waitresses uncivil ought to see the manager.””

In a Michigan restaurant.

“The early bird gets the worm. Special shoppers luncheon before 11am.””

 

When life gives you a thousand reasons to cry, show the world you have a million reasons to smile. Easier said than done? Keep fighting Bloggets get out of your box, punch your way out there and start looking at the tiny things in your life that mean days are more comfortable for you. Find the positives in every negative.

  Happiness isn’t the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them. If your problem is someone, let that person go. You don’t need them in your life. walk away, how good you will feel. May be before you do though as you are getting rid of them from your life any way, just let them know how you feel. How powerful that will make you.

 

What is so special about the weekend? To some, seven days per week is the weekend. Every day they greet with joy. To others seven days per week are all the same there is no difference, nothing to take them away from their mundane lifestyle. But create your new weekends, even if it’s the smell of cinnamon toast in your grill, or that bacon sandwich. May be record your favourite show and watch it at the weekend? Just something to break up the days something to differentiate the weekend from the week.

 

Some say be grateful every day for you are alive, others say music always sounds better on a Friday. Or, champagne tastes better at a weekend. Well, more like Prosecco for me. And I can tell you, not every weekend, I think I have had it twice this year. Though I do like it.

 

This made me smile.

One tequila

Two tequilas

Three tequila

Floor.

 

Some quotes from me.

“The caterpillar thinks it’s the end of the world, but the butterfly lives on””

“If you take many small steps, you won’t fall.”

“Why not make every day your weekend?””© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

No comments: